You have control.....

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Or he could just be shouting wheeeee!!!!

800.jpg

A couple more from a quick trip to Scampton yesterday:

DSC_2717.jpg

DSC_2733.jpg

DSC_2746.jpg

Shooting these fast jets just makes me realise how good you guys are that shoot the low fly stuff...;)

Great shots Kev but if you don't mind me saying so, the thing which always makes Red Arrows shots stand out from the crowd is capturing that wonderful deep red properly. Your reds here are tending towards being a bit yellowish.

Them things are really red - should look more like this... ;)

800-edit.jpg

Interesting you should say that. I've just had the same discussion with my wife. It seems to be since I calibrated my screen. Back to the drawing board.... Thanks for confirming.

It could just be the wb Kevin, that's all I've done, and upped the contrast to make the most of the red and that contrasting nice blue sky which always looks good.

These are very good shots but the small file size is compressing the hell out of them and not doing them justice at all. :)

Thanks CT I'll have a play later and try and repost. Much appreciated.;)

they make me want to go.weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That's much better Kev. If you just increase the contrast a little though, you'll see that red, and the blue sky really start to pop.

I've only just noticed though, there's a stange colour bleed going on around the plane as though you've been using a selective feathered mask? It's there in the first version you posted too.

I'm happy to have go at it for you from the original file if you like. :)

Thanks CT. I've GOT to learn to master this though. I am an absolute beginner at CS3 and am determined to understand it. I'm a mechanic by trade and its built into me to learn by doing. Trouble is us mechanics don't usually do manuals. lol.
It must have something to do with auto levels changing the sky from grey to blue? It was quite cloudy. i left the blue sky because it looked so much better.
Feel free to point me in the right direction.

LOL. Well you have the right attitude, and it takes time to even start to get into the processing. You'll get there in the end just by persistence and experiment, which is probably the best way anyway.

There's so many ways to achieve the same things -always-no matter which processing package you use. What you should do is Google some really good Red Arrows shots and then try to emulate those colours.

As a general rule, I find 'Auto everything' filters just suck - big time - don't trust 'em! Take it a step at a time and check white balance first, then have a play with contrast and lightness settings. Those are often all the adjustments you need to make. :)

Just tried to find a way to send you the original Raw file in a pm, but don't know how to. :thinking:

Send it to the e-mail addy for the Anonymous Critique Forum - it will come to me automatically. ;)

Here you go Kev....

Kev-crop.jpg

Don't ask me to remember what I did, but it was basically, levels, white balance and saturation in ever decreasing circles till it looked right, and ran NR on the bg.

I'll email you the full size edited file back - you can crop it how you like. It should print a treat. (y)

Wow, what a difference. See what you mean regarding the Red of the Red Arrows standing out!

WOW! Thanks CT.What noise reduction programme did you use? That is so much better than the original file. I really do appreciated all the efforts you have put in for me. I owe you one.

Cheers
Kev.

Glad you like it Kev. The only NR software I use is a filter in Paint Shop Pro, and I only ever use it on the background - lasso tool to get a tight mask around the plane, and then run NR.

I've sent your original edited file back. (y)

NR wont look so good on the full size image cos of the jpeg compression, but shouldn't make any difference to a print or a cropped version.

Loads better Kev but that compression is killing it - the file is only 45kb - less than a quarter of what we allow in the TPF Gallery (which you could use)

Why not try Flickr? I've just started to use it to host a few shots and it's fast, free, reliable, and allows a decent file size too.

Changed it. Forgot that they automatically compress them unless you say not to. Any better?

Back