You know Legends is just around the corner when...

Until I saw that almost completely knocked down shot, it hadn't really occurred to me that they might arrive in boxes rather than on the wing! For that, thanks for posting that shot.

TBH, I reckon the harsh highlights reflect (unavoidable pun, I'm afraid!) the shininess of polished aluminium so doesn't detract from that shot at all.

Until I saw that almost completely knocked down shot, it hadn't really occurred to me that they might arrive in boxes rather than on the wing! For that, thanks for posting that shot.

TBH, I reckon the harsh highlights reflect (unavoidable pun, I'm afraid!) the shininess of polished aluminium so doesn't detract from that shot at all.

Hmm, I suppose. I raised the flash off the floor and it looked even worse... Only using the built in diffuser mind.

Yeah, most of the time they do come in boxes a bit like an Ikea flatpack (although they do actually fit together)... Off the top of my head at least the TFC Mustang has flown across the pond on delivery, but it's fairly unusual for the singles to do it (only having one engine and all!). The P40C last year came in the same sort of cradle:

P-40C by Harry Measures, on Flickr

Shameless self promotion but you can see how they go back together here: http://www.harrymeasures.co.uk/#!timelapse/cu5a

Harry.

Back