Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
When I bought my 400D ( now superseded)
I also bought a small lowepro bag to go with it.
It held body kit lens 70-300 and a couple of bits.
I was happy with that it suited me.

Then I found that it wasn't big enough as I added a few more bits and bobs.
So I bought a lowepro 190 plenty big enough caverous in fact.
I was happy with that (y)

Now you lot have made me spend hard erned on more
"Bits and bobs" I am not happy! :(
I have just had to fork out on another bloody bag!

I was looking at the Tamerac Expedition 5 but thought I might out-grow that one a little too quickly so
I ordered a Tamrac Expedition 7 ( over kill I feel but who knows :shrug: )for just less than £80

But now it seems that they have been superseded
by the Tamrac 5587 Expedition 7x and that will cost me around £100, flippin' eck! £100 squids on a bag I must be friggin' mad!

After a quick rumage around 'tinternet I came up with one for £80. ( plus P&P of course) I'm happy with that (y)
But I wonder how long it will be before my pride and joy becomes my old bag?

I was totally shocked by the prices of camera bags. It seems as though people can take the fact that it's a niche market and put whatever price they want on it, just because it has a special purpose when really there isn't a huge difference between normal bags. Surely the material used for padding isn't that expensive.

I walked into Jessops and walked straight back out again and found my Lowepro 200 on Amazon for £30 less. Definately pays to shop around when looking for this kind of thing.

I think as long as you have the right bag for what you need at the moment you'll be fine but it is inevitable that you'll grow out of it as you progress or invest in equipment. Not much you can do other than buy a suitcase ;)

could you let me know how you get on with the ex 7 as im looking to get one myself and am unsure if its the right one for me.
yours gwh

could you let me know how you get on with the ex 7 as im looking to get one myself and am unsure if its the right one for me.
yours gwh

Yeah will do
Its still "sat" in a DHL warehouse though so it will probabley arrive Monday now

.... Not much you can do other than buy a suitcase ;)

The price is (Are) shocking alright
A suitcase might even be an option if I "outgrow" this one but I certainly don't plan to buy the amount of equiptment it would take to fill to capacity :D

My bag was £170. :( Excellent bag though :)

And I thought I was mad Joe :D

The Tamrac 5587 Expedition 7x arrived this morning everything is nicely stowed away though I must admit it looks bigger than I expected. I was working on the inside dimensions when calculating "space required" yep and there is still room for more goodies yet :D
The padding, padded straps and padded "back rest" all add to the outside dimensions, making it look larger than expected
Its a nice well put together bag. But did I mention I thought it looked a little on the large side?

I've got the Tamrac exedition7 and a very comfortable bag it is too Chris, I'm sure you won't outgrow it to quickly as it is quite big. ;)

I've got the Tamrac exedition7 and a very comfortable bag it is too Chris, I'm sure you won't outgrow it to quickly as it is quite big. ;)

I did think about the "5" Alby but thought I might outgrow that so I went for the "7" hoping I won't (shouldn't at least :D)
I did stick it on for a bit once loaded up and yep it does seem comfortable (y)

Back