You think about photography too much when......

When every email address in the house is registered to at least one photo discount/free offer

When you go to the football and you spend more time trying to figure out what camera and lens the photographer is using in front of you (from row 16) instead of watching the game :LOL:

Same here, i don't do football but went to a norwich city match not so long back, sat there looking very happy, missus awwww your enjoying the game, i said yeah but was actually watching the 3 photographers on the side line taking pics then sending them off from there laptops lol

I Also tend to try and work out what camera is which when at home and a game is playing and you can hear the burst of shots from the cameras below the tv camera, Nikon or Canon lol

when you're going to be late for work (again) , because you had a 'quick' look at talk photography while eating breakfast

when you look through all your family photos over the last 5 years and realise there's thousands of the missus and kids, hundreds of friends BBQ but 2 of you.

big soft moose said:
when you're going to be late for work (again) , because you had a 'quick' look at talk photography while eating breakfast

I flipping do this everyday...:)..good job am off today ;)

I was recently photographing a family game of rounders, with my tele lens pointing at first base, g/f came into bat, ball hit her in the face, bloody nose and I was totally unaware, focusing only on getting the first base action shot perfect! Took me 30 minutes to notice it had even happened and that was because the game stopped for food. Lol......luckily she accepts me and my other lover.....my camera!

When you see a colourful spotted spider on your bed, and instead of getting rid of it, you think of getting your SLR out with macro lenses...hehehe - much to your wife's dismay:)

You get outraged at a camera being destroyed on a tv show......
Richard hammond running over the 5d2 on top gear still haunts me....

When you start looking for catch lights in the eyes of people you are talking to.

I know this post is old hat, but I caught myself doing this earlier (several times) when chatting to the Mrs.
I then started to read this thread and realised I most definitely have the bug :D

When you are physically unable to concentrate on the important things going on because you are contemplating imaginary scenes and how they would look shot with different lenses and perspectives.

Or when you find yourself looking for excuses to start a conversation with a complete stranger because they have a camera

Or when disobeying SWMBO seems like the right choice.

Last edited:
Yup, this is actually my fridge today. And it's not unusual.

1507886_661981780519001_667710606_n.jpg

When you look at a lens costing £900.00 plus and think actually that's quite reasonable......

Hearing the weather forecast for Gales and thinking, which lens would be best for a wave over the pier shot

Les ;)

OR......................... looking romantically into the eyes of your loved one and thinking 1/125th sec @ f4 :D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back