Young Buzzard?

new2me

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
I noticed this high in a tree as I came down the road and thought it looked quite pale. Would it be a juvenile, or has the unexpected sunshine fried my eyes?

Buzzards can be quite variable in colour - nothing to do with juvenile (I don't think, anyway. Someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong). The majority are darker, but pale ones are not unusual.

Cheers Jan and Bill ... I haven't been reading so much in the threads lately, just looking at the pictures :)

It looks kinda small to me? That's what would make it look like a young one to me anyway (if it is).

They're hugely variable in terms of plumage colour. Look up 'pale morph buzzard'.

It looks kinda small to me? That's what would make it look like a young one to me anyway (if it is).
I'm not good at judging size really, so i couldn't be sure if it was smaller. It did intent on staying in the trees while another buzzard 'played with' crows in the firld.

Look up 'pale morph buzzard'.
I don't listen to much heavy metal these days Phil ;)

I'm not good at judging size really, so i couldn't be sure if it was smaller. It did intent on staying in the trees while another buzzard 'played with' crows in the firld.

It's just the head and neck really, head looks small and neck looks thin but then again most of the buzzard shots I've gotten have been with them in flight. The only perched ones I've seen have been at a much longer distance.cc

It does look like a pale common buzzard. I saw one earlier in the year that I was convinced was a rough leg. There are so many variants in buzzard colours that they can be hard to figure out

Back