Young Great Tit.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Starting to show the adult colouring now but still damned cute. :)

OY8N7814-01.jpg

OY8N7821-01.jpg

OY8N7823-01.jpg

And Mom.... ever watchful....

OY8N7829-01.jpg

All these were with the 70-200 2.8L. I'm really starting to love this lens!

wow - they're amazing. Look a teeny bit sharp for my taste, but that's very subjective. Are these just resized, or cropped as well? You're so close to them!

Cedric,

If there is a better bird photographer than you in the UK, I'd like to see his work. Every time I open one of your images, I'm stunned by the sharpness, clarity and saturation of your images.

I suppose I really must start working in RAW. I guess it really does make a difference!!

I tip my hat to you, Sir Cedric of Passerines.:clap:

Cedric,

If there is a better bird photographer than you in the UK, I'd like to see his work. Every time I open one of your images, I'm stunned by the sharpness, clarity and saturation of your images.

Come on Doug, I tought him everything I know..:rules:

More great birdy shots CT as usual.:)

wow - they're amazing. Look a teeny bit sharp for my taste, but that's very subjective. Are these just resized, or cropped as well? You're so close to them!

Thanks. They're cropped and resized for the web but nowhere near 1:1 reproduction - probably less than half that.

Taken from about 6 feet so yes- pretty close.

They've only had a small amount of USM sharpening following size reduction. When you get that close you do get a lot of feather detail. :)

Cedric,

:eek: Steady on mate! Huge compliment and it's appreciated, but there's plenty of better ones out there and if they hear about this they'll all be joining up here! :LOL:

I suppose I really must start working in RAW. I guess it really does make a difference!!

:eek: Again! I'm gob smacked that you don't shoot RAW! All these shots needed the highlights reducing for the white bits. It would have been a real struggle with jpegs.
I tip my hat to you, Sir Cedric of Passerines.:clap:

Oooh ...now I could live with that. I just need Jimmy Lemon to do me a nice heraldic coat of arms. :woot:

Awww :love: I love tits.

These are good too CT, beautifully caught as usual ;)

:naughty: one day i only hope .one day mate:naughty:

as said mate i agree with doug ..

:clap: and a big thankk you to BB for teaching you all he knows :cautious:

thanks for sharing as always mate

They've only had a small amount of USM sharpening following size reduction. When you get that close you do get a lot of feather detail. :)

Ah - I hadn't thought of that! It's just I'm not used to seeing such a lot of detail in a bird. They really are wonderful shots! I think I'm going to have to get very patient when I get my 70-200, I get quite a lot of robins and blackbirds in the garden, and the occasional blue tit, and these shots have really inspired me!

...these shots have really inspired me!

That pleases me no end. :)

You'll actually get better results with lenses around this focal length than you will with monster glass, but the problem is you're well inside the birds' comfort/toleration zone so you really need some sort of hide arrangement, but it's amazing what you can get away with by keeping low and keeping still.

Once again your work is simply stunning!(y)

The first shot really works for me especially - it has a lovely natural feel to it and the background tones perfectly with the subject. Top class as always.:clap:

They're back again today, in fact it's suddenly Great Tit City which makes a change from all the spuggies just lately. I'm really chuffed with these two...

OY8N7833-01.jpg

OY8N7837-01.jpg

70-200L again, but stopped down to f6.3 which actually gets you some DOF!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

" me :annoyed: "

tfs

I really like how these images (and most of yours) are stripped down, all that's not needed is not there, less is more.

And your use and management of empty space is excellent.

I do like the bokeh on that lens, I can see why it's probably becoming addictive :)

Good work (again)

I really like how these images (and most of yours) are stripped down, all that's not needed is not there, less is more.

And your use and management of empty space is excellent.

I do like the bokeh on that lens, I can see why it's probably becoming addictive :)

Good work (again)

Thanks Les. When I first stuck the lens on the 1DMk2n the bright viewfinder was a bit of a surprise - albeit a nice one - even after the 500mm f4. It really is a superb lens and it performs well with both converters too.

Back