Captive Young Sea Eagle at a local Falconry

Name
Steve France
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a wonderful photographic session this Sunday with members of our camera club, hosted by a local falconry - showing off was the latest edition, a young Sea Eagle flying free and just enjoying himself.
I had to duck out of his way on several occasions as he dive bombed anyone and everyone !

Nikon D500 + Sigma 70-210 F2.8 @ 1/1000th auto ISO spot focus and exposure (+1)

PS I do also visit some of our wilder re-introduced birds here on the Isle of Wight, however, it was a treat to get up close for a change !

13-11-2022 Dylan 2.jpg13-11-2022 Dylan Coming into Land.jpg13-11-2022 Dylan 1.jpg13-11-2022 Dylan 5.jpg13-11-2022 Dylan 3.jpg13-11-2022 Dylan 4.jpg

As you 'say' birds, especially Raptors, are wonderfully best in the wild.....but what a beauty he is to be so close to

TFS:)

As you 'say' birds, especially Raptors, are wonderfully best in the wild.....but what a beauty he is to be so close to

TFS:)
Indeed, one thing I have discovered is that talking with people at various Falconry displays watching Sae Eagles, they are amazed to learn that we are re-introducing them to the wild here on the Island. They are always keen to know where to look for the wild birds even at huge distances and I have even met them again out in the wild.
IMHO - education by way of captive bird displays helps widen the appreciation of wild birds and that can only help in the longer term.

Nice pics Steve - I like the framing on the last two best. :cool:

I'd clone out the jesses on the last one though . . .

Nice pics Steve - I like the framing on the last two best. :cool:

I'd clone out the jesses on the last one though . . .
Cheers, I agree but need to improve my PP skills as when I tried it looked worse... must open PS one day and spend some time learning !

Reactions: Sky
Back