Your best Landscape photo of 2010

Not sure which one to post given the shots on here. Stunning selection. Started in February and this is my favourite (I think) so far.

5198005304_3e6eacf58f_b.jpg

I'd hate to try and single out any one shot on this excellent thread.............don't think there is a duff one amongst them :clap::clap:

Thanks to OP for starting it......and keep 'em coming. Inspirational(y)

I'd hate to try and single out any one shot on this excellent thread.............don't think there is a duff one amongst them :clap::clap:

Thanks to OP for starting it......and keep 'em coming. Inspirational(y)

I agree with this, epic photo's.

There are some beautiful pictures on this thread.

This is my first picture post so go easy;)

A Norwegian Fjord with mist in the distance taken whilst we were on a cruise. There wasn't much (enough) time to take photos on shore but we got a few minutes around this stunning location. Haven't done much in the way of landscapes this year but this is one of my faves.

I go every year to Colorado. I love skiing with snow-powder :love:
It is in Durango

2yo4f1w.jpg

Hey everyone, I love all the landscape pictures. you guys has good job :clap:

Hardly shot any landscapes this year, is o my list to correct next year!

One from Skye when I managed to get out of bed ;)

4917787114_51cd36b4b5.jpg

Hardly shot any landscapes this year, is o my list to correct next year!

One from Skye when I managed to get out of bed ;)

yes, but your pic looks so wonderful =) good job

Some really great photos with a very high standard of work.

I'm really torn what to put up, 2010 has been a hectic year for me with lots of photos and a lot I am fond of. Do I post something cliche and done, but done for a reason and that's why its good or something unique?

I'll have to go with this one which is a cross between the two?

derwent_stone.jpg

Thanks,

James

New to DSLR this year and not had much time but I like this:

http://[url=http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=100621]
DSC_0034_1621_copy_800_x_523_.jpg

Edited

Last edited:
Does a cityscape count?
DSC_0400.jpg
[/IMG]

Well, after just having looked through some truly outstanding pictures, there's one thing which kept going through my mind.

Why weren't a great proportion of these put forward for the calendar competition? Honestly, a lot of you want your arses kicking from here until next week and back. :D

the more i see the more i get amazed at
wish i could get out and do some more
cheers
geof

Not really my area but i love to try landscapes now and again,i loved doing this one earlier this year,not as good as some on here but i like it,
IMG_6191-1.jpg

thanks john.

Whoaaaaa :love: you are sooo BIG lucky. I still wanna shoot a pic of this poppy, here in the state Arizona does'nt have it. I have to go to California, there have a lot of Poppy *sigh* your pic looks sooo beautiful. :clap:

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum....where was that taken?

What camera and lens was used for it?

See you're in Cambs...March, Cambs here!

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,
Picture was taken from Marazion, Cornwall looking towards Penzance. St Michaels Mount is just of shot to the left. Camera was Samsung GX20 with Pentax 17-70 F4. I've switched to Canon now after the Samsung broke recently.

Last edited:
My favourite so far but then i am just starting to get through the images I made recently on a visit to Skye.

Our small group of three spent the best part of two hours hiking up to the Old Man in blizzard conditions. I almost turned back after trudging up 45 degree faces in two feet of crusted snow, every step involved standing back up onto the surface and then sinking in it again, very tough and tiring.

When we were about a hundred feet short of the top the winds calmed, the clouds cleared enough to see the lochs below and we settled in for what was a sight to behold. I will always remember the efforts involved in making images here. We all descended in darkness with head torches pleased as punch.

Considering that I nearly gave up due to the weather and tough climbing conditions it was nice when the other client on the workshop, a nice guy from Switzerland, said "If you give up then you have no chance to ever succeed". A very valuable lesson and fitting for the day !!!

5255058008_5a556b0c14_z.jpg

Nikon D700, 21mm Distagon, 200 ISO, 0.9ND Pro Glass and 0.9GND Lee Filter, 53 sec exposure.

Cheers Taxi, Simmo and Bam

Its Ullswater from the Pooley Bridge end. Too busy in Summer as its Campsite City. I was very lucky on this occasion a couple of weeks ago to have a beautiful bit of mist, pinky dawn and a high water level to make the trees look nice.

Some absolutely stunning images on here, which although I can't match it is all about the taking part ;-)

My fav of 2010 was taken early on a Sunday morning at Hill Head on the solent, within the nature reserve there. This is actually the footpath rather flooded - I think it just about classes as a landscape?

5254975395_d13e49a08e_b.jpg

Back