Your best transport photo of 2010

5076670408_c7de4ce574_z.jpg

Think this is one of my better ones :)

Last edited:
Please tell me that was in the local paper/news etc!! if not, WHY NOT lol!!

Thats a cracking pic! i really like it!

Yes in the local paper and yes I got paid for it (y)

Also gave a free copy to Northwest air ambulance for their door to door canvassers hand book folders to show people on their door steps, when I signed up to a monthly donation, I gave it to them a few days before my birthday, and on my birthday they brought me a print that they had done for me, well chuffed (y)

Last edited:
Not sure about the PP but I like the composition and anything with double headed Fairlie's always floats my boat

Thanks, these locs are a bit special for me as I've worked on both at Boston Lodge. I was gutted I missed the up train with Tal on the lead mind.

Haven't done much transport in my first months but took this whilst I was in London.

pta1024.jpg

"Tornado" as it passed through Shakespeare's Cliff while on the way to Folkestone on a June's evening earlier on this year.

tornadonewversion-1.jpg

Not overkeen on the aberration effect around the edges. While I took the photo, but my sister processed it and somehow drew that effect out. :D

Last edited:
Nice shot Ian, I forgot to go and see it on the same day as it passed within 100 yards of the house.
Good angles on the shot and lovely colours.

This is my favourite transport shot. Nothing special, i just think it 'captures the moment'.

Although nothing's perfect, a middle aged mans elbow managed to creep its way into the frame when my shutter was open!:thinking:

Ypres_bike.jpg

Taken in the lovely town of Ypres - Belgium.

Adam.

^^ Thats a fantastic Pic!! ^^

Don't know about the best but this one amuses me
130636109.jpg

Taken in India Nov 2010

Hi All,

in preparation for my new years resolution of becoming more involved on TP and getting out and taking more. Here is my favourite transport shot of 2010.

With the issues of keeping it in the air, I was always worried I would never see this beautiful aircraft fly again.

Fortunately it got a flying certificate the night before this display, and we were treat to a wonderful 10 minutes flying display, after which I was virtually deaf ;)

131450432.jpg

You might notice that underneath is another vulcan XM607 - which is the airframe which bombed Port Stanley in the Falklands conflict - I had the idea of getting them both in the frame - probably took about 100+ shots and got some keepers :)

Hi All,

in preparation for my new years resolution of becoming more involved on TP and getting out and taking more. Here is my favourite transport shot of 2010.

With the issues of keeping it in the air, I was always worried I would never see this beautiful aircraft fly again.

Fortunately it got a flying certificate the night before this display, and we were treat to a wonderful 10 minutes flying display, after which I was virtually deaf ;)

131450432.jpg

You might notice that underneath is another vulcan XM607 - which is the airframe which bombed Port Stanley in the Falklands conflict - I had the idea of getting them both in the frame - probably took about 100+ shots and got some keepers :)

Nice one I really like that you have two of these beautiful birds in one shot

Matt
MWHCVT

"INA The Macon Belle" A very rare P51-C Mustang at Fantasy of Flight, Florida in the colour scheme of The Tuskegee Airmen piloted by Kermit Weeks, owner of FoF and all the aircraft powers up for take-off for an afternoon air display. Cost . . . US $3 million.

DSC07199.JPG

Last edited:
No where up to the level of all these posted but there again I didn't know one end of a camera to the other when I took this with a borrowed camera, next year I'll do better.

P1020290.jpg

Being confined to the house by injury May to mid-August I didn't have much opportunity to get many photos but this is my favourite: Sea Hurricane Mk IB
Z7015 at Old Warden on 5 September.

Z7015-03.jpg

Back