Your Claims to fame?

I help someone else get famous lol. I filmed most of Danny MacAskill's first movie that went viral and got him recognised for his mad biking skills, hardly hear from him now...

Apart from that my only TV appearances were as a kid. I was doing some horse riding on a program called Milkshake (about 20 years ago) and was seen on Ray Mears when he was filming at Loch Insh, I had to give him a lift out on the rescue boat :rolleyes:

No A list celeb here I'm afraid lol.

I have an extremly tenuous claim to being cheif of the clan mcphee

I featured as a headline on a Norwegian news channel once.

I was also filmed climbing into a buccaneer cockpit for itv news when I was about 13 and I was interviewed as a 10 year old for BBC radio Gloucestershire.

I once wagged it from work and went to Brighton for a mucky weekend with my then girlfriend, it was around the time a ship ran aground on the beach, i didn't think nothing of it, but when i got home everyone knew where i'd been and i got in trouble at work because this ship running aground was shown on national news and they had a shot panning up the seafront and there was me with this woman ffs lol

Last edited:
I once sat beside Linda Lusardi on a flight from Jersey........I was 16 and full of raging hormones......does that count.....

There is a video of me on the internet flying birds of prey around the MK Dons stadium, clearing pigeons.
It was made for a TV programme about pest control

I beat Sterling Moss at motor sport (Car trials) a few times.
Been on TV years ago with the same.
A programme called "Drive in" IIRC the for runner to top gear.

And Mooned Hank Marvin
(Although I was totally un aware that he was stood behind me :D )

I think that has it covered (y)

I've served William Roache at work, unaware as I don't watch soaps. Also 2 lads from Hollyoaks though I know even less about them.

Busby Babe Duncan Edwards is my Grandmother's cousin.

And I've met Cerys Matthews and had the dubious honour of fixing her toilet.

Nothing that's going to get me any freebies! :)

Mine was a few years ago I did a kind of educational talk on reptiles, tarantulas etc. for a Halloween show at a library to around 200 people. The local newspaper came, took a few shots and I got my name in the local rag.

When I was 13 I read the lesson from the pulpit at a Christmas service in Coventry Cathedral.

If only they'd known I was a raging atheist by then.

I spotted Michael Schumacher in Florida (in a cowboy style clothing store)

I crashed a car in cornwall once and was assisted from the wreck by Robert Lindsey and Dustin Hoffman.

Was coached by Team GB Olympic Judo coach in the 80 :cool: Interviewed by ITV news about the London congestion charge, appeared on Magpie & appeared in a children magazine, won a year supply of sweets & a bike in a competition at the idea home back in the 80 :p

Later on in life through my old job, I have been lucky enough to meet Lady Diana, Saudi Royal Family, film stars / music stars / sport stars & to many others to mention & the stories I could tell :oops: :$ :muted: :muted:

Now I'm just an old Fart

I once sat beside Linda Lusardi on a flight from Jersey........I was 16 and full of raging hormones......does that count.....

I kissed Linda Lusardi in Blackpool back in the late 1980s

It was only a peck on the lips and she had a python draped round her neck.

Hmm... let me see, mine are all a bit tenuous I'm afraid.

When I was 12/13 I, together with much of the rest of my school year, appeared on Cheggars Plays Pop. I was just 'audience' first time, but we got to the final and I got to the Space Invader game. We drew the final btw, each school got to keep the cup for 6 mths.

I met most of the Man Utd team/management when I was 20, I was an assistant manager in tyre/exhaust depot in Old Trafford, that happened to have a petrol stn attached that happened to have the MUFC fuel account. Fergie was a right miserable git btw, never so much as a thankyou or smile from him. Maybe he knew I was a blue :LOL:

More recently, been paid to photograph a few well known-ish people, cricketers/actors at charity dinners and what have you [Murail, Ronni Irani, Gladstone Small, Gordon Kennedy, Miles Jupp, Rory Bremner, etc etc]. Most recently was last week, Louis Theroux at the animal home I support, that was a freebie, they are my chosen charity and have been for a few years.

Nothing too exciting, I really dont have a face for TV or anything too dramatic :LOL:

A couple of moments both related to cricket matches in the late 80s.

1 - Went for a pee at Old Trafford. Old Style Urinal. Having a pee and to my right was Christopher Lee (Dracula). An awkward moment and I made some remark along the lines of "don't even think about it". He chuckled and signed my program.

2 - Lords (England v Pakistan) sat next to Roy Kinnear and spoke to him a lot. He sadly died (fell off a horse) not long after.

My best mate who died last week :( once told me when he was a postman in Stockport he had a package to deliver on his round which happened to be for Mike Summerbee, ex Manchester city player, when he knocked on the door of the house he couldn't believe that none other than Sylvester Stallone answered lol, said Mike was busy and signed for the parcel :)

Apparently they were good friends from when they were in the movie 'The great escape' together

Some years ago I was having a lunch time meal and shared the table with an American gentleman. I asked him his name & he said it was Buzz. We got talking about photography - he asked me what was the best picture I had taken so I told him - I asked him the same question and he replied " the one of my colleague Neil Armstrong, standing next to the Eagle Lander, taken on the moon"

Some years ago I was having a lunch time meal and shared the table with an American gentleman. I asked him his name & he said it was Buzz. We got talking about photography - he asked me what was the best picture I had taken so I told him - I asked him the same question and he replied " the one of my colleague Neil Armstrong, standing next to the Eagle Lander, taken on the moon"

Did he wink and do "air quotation marks" when he said on? :sneaky: :LOL:

I used to go to Rye House Speedway every saturday when I were a lad, and they used to have a guy standing on top of a portacabin filming the racing. The camera was pretty much level to where me and my mates used to sit, and during one race, a rider from Hackney slid off of his bike as he was going into the turn. The Rye House rider (Roger Johns) was behind, couldnt stop, and the bike on the ground acted as ramp sending RJ flying through the air and he landed quite heavily off of the track over the fence. In the video of the match, that was sold a couple of weeks later, whilst RJ was in mid-air, you could clearly hear me shout "F**K ME!!"

Im not sure how many copies of the the video they sold, but it still amuses me to think of people watching it at home and hearing that :D

I'm fairly well known locally as The Cloud Master due to my weather forecasting. Does that count? :cautious: :D

Last time I met TopGear's "The Stig", he asked me for driving advice :cool:

If I haven't won the thread, I must be leading with two disbeliefs! :p

But it's true! Pel, collecting area, Thruxton, 2004

Appeared on stage aged about 8 at the Bournemouth pier theatre with Harry Corbett, Sooty and Sweep once. A cousin operated Sweep so arranged for me to be picked from the audience at the participation phase.

Actually, he was a very quiet and modest bloke - his female partner was more animated about his achievements
James
Were you the inspiration for the Ali G interview with Buzz? He keeps calling him Buzz Lightyear. He then asks whether man will ever go to the moon and when Buzz gives him a dis-credulous look and says that it's too hot Ali G says 'what if they go in winter'. Buzz was a good sport for that interview and it still makes me chuckle.

My father in law's claim to fame was that he taught Sting's son, which was also a storyline on Friends.

1. When I worked in McDonalds 30 odd years ago, the Arsenal football team came in. I served Pat Jennings with a milkshake. He give me a 50p coin (this was the old larger 50p), his massive hands made it look like a current 5p!

2. Whilst at McDonalds, I worked with a chap called Ian Cotton. Imagine my surprise 2 years ago when he was in the news having just been sacked from his role as Communications Director with Liverpool FC

3. Whilst working for London Buses 20 years ago, I appeared on Thames Help talking to a female bus driver on whom they were doing a feature.

4. A few years ago, I was photographing a charity film screening and the guest of honour was Cherie Blair

Actually, forget the last one, I'm still applying the mind bleach! :eek:

Played in the same band as Mark King of Level 42, and I was the bass player...

As a nurse, I've treated a few famous people. But I can't say who............ so my contribution to this thread is pointless.

I used to live downstairs from the mum of Alex Harvey (as in The Sensational Alex Harvey Band). o_O

In addition to my claim to lord of the isles

I also had the opportunity to shoot tony blair once - it was as he was walking from his helicopter so i would have used the burst setting .... sadly my boss insisted i use a camera instead. ;) (that incident was moderately famous locally because the backup helicopter got stuck in the cricket pitch and my colleague unwisely quiped to a journalist that "may be john prescot was on board" which became the headline in the MK citizen that week). I also got a great picture of my boss standing with his hand out and blair walking straight past him ... but unfortunately i wasn't allowed to release that one.

Also when working in essex i chatted up rachel ? ( I think - the blonde o0ne anyway) from S club 7 in a club in basildon ... sadly she wasnt won over by my manyly charm (odd girl)

More recently I was on a train with Hugh Fearnley Whitingstall

Back