Edit My Images
No
Its that time again!
Post your favourite shot from 2011 in this thread

rules are that photo (singular) has to be:
YOURS
FAVOURITE
FROM 2011

every year someone posts more than one photo, or starts their post 'this is not my favourite, but' but I'm living in hope for 2011 :) :)

Limited to the public grandstands in order to shelter from the weather. And being a total amateur, I'll have to stick this one in as my choice.
DSC00710.jpg

From Lemans, it's the one picture I seem to have as my desktop background most. My Dad is a big VR fan so put this on a canvas for him as a present and it looks good :)

VR46 by o RATMAN o, on Flickr

A wee flamer from East Fortune........

3T5G6270TalkP.jpg

Probably this one from a wet Silverstone.

100% my favourite shot and moment of 2011. Kris Meeke absolutely flat over the Crastazza jump in Sardinia. Proper hairs on the back of your neck moment:

6446024339_4b8aa6b971_b.jpg

Higher and further than everyone else!

One of mine from the Ken Hall Trophy this year at Langrish, Hampshire.

602_63f63f5cda_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
100% my favourite shot and moment of 2011. Kris Meeke absolutely flat over the Crastazza jump in Sardinia. Proper hairs on the back of your neck moment:
Higher and further than everyone else!

Amazing shot!! How far did he fly, going by the marker boards left?

The only motor sport I shot this year was the Tempest rally. My favourite is:

Subaru Impreza WRC by jomike, on Flickr

Amazing shot!! How far did he fly, going by the marker boards left?

Thanks, he actually flew well past the 30ft marker you can see bottom left and landed almost in line with where we were standing, so I'd estimate approximately 50-60ft? That's only a guess though!

Probably this one - taken at 1/25 in an effort to make sure Valencia's hideous industrial backdrop was blurred beyond recognition...
Button1b.jpg

Some really good shots in here, here's my humble effort.

This is probably my favourite of this year, probably because it's a little different from the ones I normally take :)

DSC_2131 by PaulFa, on Flickr

Paul.

My personal favourite from this year and possibley my last year as have now sold most my kit.

CN8D2428.jpg

Not technically my best shot of the year, I don't think. But personally I like the framing, and it was the first rally of the year for me in the Alpes Maritimes, so brings back really good memories from earlier in the year.
Porsche 911 on the Col Du Turini stage of the Rallye De L'Escarene 2011

Rallye De L'Escarene Day 2 by AntiAtlas, on Flickr

Well difficult choice but have gone for this one. We were very lucky and priviledged to have very kind friends that have a house not far from Jerez they put us up took us to the F1 testing two days running and provided our lunches whilst we were like a couple of kids in a sweet shop. Couldn't get enough of it it is well worth the trip and we count ourselves very fortunate to have experienced this.

DSC_1927_A_W.jpg

Although not the most popular from the event, this photo of a Porsche 910 at the Donington Historic Festival is my favourite.

Back