Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
yup, its that time of year again!

lets see your favourite shot of 2012.

these threads normally go a bit wonky, so here is what i mean by 'your favourite motorsport shot of 2012' :)

1) your (taken by you)
2) favourite (the one you like the most)
3) shot (as in just one, not more than one or 'here are 12 because i cant decide')
4) motorsport (something in the category of motorsport)
5) 2012 (taken in jan, feb, march, april, may, june, july, august, sept, oct, nov or december 2012)

:)

lets see those lovely shots!!

Has to be this flame burnout demonstration from Santa Pod for me!

8233970073_2d1b5086b5_o.jpg

From this July's Le Mans Classic - 1965 GT40 (also my first uploaded image...)
WilsonGT40.jpg
[/IMG]

From Castle Combe race circuit last June. I own a mini cooper, hence my love of this shot :)

Pat by Izza1967, on Flickr

599483_4016992950806_1295128746_n.jpg

Managed to take this shot from the Big Wheel at Le Mans despite a couple of guys thinking it would be a good idea to rock the carriage from side to side :eek:

Thought it summed up the combination of racing and fun that is the Le Mans 24 Hour

Phil

Quite few to choose from but decided on this one from the Flinders 400 in South Australia.
Probably my bravest shot for the year too.
KB2N0306.JPG
[/IMG]

4.jpg

although theres motion blur on the front end of the car, the driver and nav are in focus, this is my favourite shot of the year without doubt, it just shows the commitment of the top drivers in national rallying, which is second to none!

Just about impossible to judge a favourite with thousands upon tens of thousands of motorpsort shots this year.

However, Alex Lowes coming for a portrait session did catch my eye!

3T5G0713TalkP-3-1.jpg

4.jpg

although theres motion blur on the front end of the car, the driver and nav are in focus, this is my favourite shot of the year without doubt, it just shows the commitment of the top drivers in national rallying, which is second to none!

I think it shows your commitment that you didn't run away with a car going at that speed just feet away from you.

Love it!

Some great shots in this thread already.
My effort from Tour Britannia at Cadwell Park. I think I have taken "better" motorsport shots this year, but this is my favourite, as to me the shot feels a little bit different to most that I take, and is a good reminder of a great day out in the beautiful english weather.

TourBritannia-34.jpg

Have to say I'm really impressed with the high standards shown in this thread so far!

The TP Motorsport crew rock! 8)

Ulster Rally 2012 - Have shots with so much more action but there's just something about this one.
IMG_9561e.jpg

...but there's just something about this one.
IMG_9561e.jpg

Ummm, yeah.
Let's see...
Is it because of the location, the sunset, the fact that it's a REAL rally car, or is it because it's got Blomqvist's name on the side of it?
Nup...Try ALL of the above.

Some of these are incredible. I need to get out and take more pics next year (when it gets a bit warmer)

First of all I wish I could take pics as good as you lot :cool:

I have not been out as much as I wanted this year but I have noticed a step up in my pics from last year.
I still dont have the lens I want but with a second hand 22-250 and a 500D I managed to get this
7563921320_5d068a14ed_c.jpg
[/url] IMG_0097 by Glover Racing, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here's to a better year next year :) Rob

Hi everyone, some good photos here. One's that stand out are Hazza's and Matty2's as they've both shot from unusual angles. I think if you want to be a good photographer you need to produce something different that people wouldn't ordinarily see. Most people will always shoot at eye level, but the natural eye line does not make for an interesting photo as this is what people are already used to seeing, therefore shooting at a particularly low or high angle automatically makes the photograph more interesting, as shown with those two.

With regards to Float's photo, I think your technique is good as with all the panning shots here but I think you should try again at a MUCH lower shutter speed. A lot more difficult obviously but when you nail it it makes a for a much nicer and interesting image. If you can still read the signs etc in the background (i.e. Silverstone) then you're not shooting slow enough.

Not saying my photo's are perfect of course but think its good to share ideas and thoughts and help each other grow as photographers. You are always learning of course. Anyway here is one of my attempts from earlier in the year.

1204_F3Oulton_81 by Chris Gouge, on Flickr

www.chrisg-photography.com
Twitter: @TheArtofRacing

Chris Gouge :
Not saying my photo's are perfect of course but think its good to share ideas and thoughts and help each other grow as photographers. You are always learning of course. Anyway here is one of my attempts from earlier in the year.

Without being overly critical, is this intentionally hugely under exposed?:thinking: sorry, I think I might have missed something :shrug:

Back