Your go-to lenses in your camera bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Jake Davis
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys!

I’m doing some research for a new product and would really love your opinion!

I would love to know what are your go to lenses.

The day to day workhorse lenses you always have in your bag - I dont need the f stops - just the focal lengths e.g 35 / 24-70 / 14

Any responses would be very appreciated and thank you for your time!

Jake

As my main interests are sports and wildlife, my most used lens is my Canon 100-400, although I might replace this with the RF 100-500

Congratulations on being upfront about it being a survey, and polite. However, I’m not sure what the utility would be unless you know what kind of work was being done. Even if it’s research on bags rather than lenses the size of lenses would change with format. Not everyone uses a bag either.

Awesome thanks for your reply! Good to hear from someone in that space as I’m usually in the events space!
Yes would rather be honest with the post - I have a group of photographer friends who I asked but this seems like a perfect place to hear from photographers in all different areas!

This research might not be much help, if all the focal lengths are not quoted in the same metric!!

a 12-40 M43 lens is a 16-60 APSC is a 24-80 FF etc etc

My carry lens is 16-55 but its on a crop sensor so equivalent to 24-82.5mm
No every little helps thank you!!

Mainly landscape (some automotive and people/family images) so, in order of favouritism....

40/1.2 soon to be 35/1.4
Contax 80-200/4
21/3.5
85/1.8 - automotive

35mm for me.

All m4/3
12-100 is my most used lens then 8-18 and 15

28 & 50 for me (35mm)

from the forum rules

Prohibited Content
The following content is prohibited on Talk Photography

• Discussions pertaining to a particular instance of a crime.
  • Discussion or encouragement of copying, distrubuting or downloading copyrighted material.
  • Press releases, market research, surveys (Unless pre-approved with Admin)
  • Affiliate, commission, or referral links.
  • "Vote for me" requests.
  • Anything else that could be deemed as socially unacceptable, or not within the spirit of our community.

APS C 16-55 and 80 macro 90% of the time when I venture out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back