Your Last supper

Name
Terri
Edit My Images
Yes
Just been watching something on the TV.. and the contestants have to make their last supper.

So what would yours be??

Mine would be fish based.... any fish i don't care but fish based... ( i am allergic to fish and shelfish)

Langoustine in Garlic Butter with brown bread in my favourite fish restaurant looking over the Donegal Bay on the West Coast of Ireland...sadly the restaurant closed a couple of years back :(

Cottage pie with tinned Bigga peas and HP fruity sauce.

Difficult one but maybe Stornoway Black pudding, battered and deep fried, chips and loads of salt and vinegar. :)

Probably slowcooked, tender lamb, cooked kleftiko style with garlic and tarragon and rich gravy, so it falls apart in the mouth, accompanied by really buttery rosemary mashed potatoes, sweet, delicious carrots.... [mouth watering already]. Followed by warm, coffee & chocolate flavour cake [think hot chocolate fudge, but replace fudge with coffee] with a dollop of caramel ice cream....

Fish n Chips from pepper lane chippy in standish, best I've ever tasted

I'd basically amalgamate all my favourite meals and things to eat. So I'd start with a small prawn cocktail on chunky chilli/cheese bread with a slice of pizza including goats cheese and a stuffed crust. I'd then have a secondary starter of a small portion of spaghetti carbonara with a cheese scone. For main I'd have my very own savoury risotto with pancetta. After that I'd have crunchy bread with marinated chicken with boullion dashed on it and healthy servings of goats cheese and red pepper. Then a small portion of sticky toffee pudding and ice cream, then a small beer with cheddar and stilton on crackers.

then and only then would I be satisfied and ready for the chop. I eat like a horse at the best of times but for my last meal I couldn't not go all out.

Last edited:
A medium rare sirloin steak, proper fried chunky chips, onions & mushrooms fried in butter & a cheeky bottle of Malbec.

A full on Christmas dinner ... Roast turkey with all the trimmings, veg, roast spuds, gravy, sage and onion stuffing, bread sauce, sausage in bacon .... The lot ... Followed by Christmas pud and whipped cream. Yum ... And to hell with the calories .....

Homemade Fugu...

Medley of seafood with queen scallops, crab, prawns, mussels. Served with thinly sliced buttered wholemeal bread and a large glass of chilled Chablis.

Main course would be a 42 day aged Angus fillet steak, rare with a pepper and cream sauce, dauphinoise potatoes and French beans.served with a saint emillion grand cru.

Stilton with water biscuits and a bottle of 1963 vintage port.

Strawberries and Devon clotted cream.

Sheer bliss.

Depends a lot on who made it/how it was sourced. No point ordering special food if it was gonna be poorly made. Also depended on how I was gonna go. Guillotine and I might stuff myself silly to the point where it was fall out when my head came off. Electrocution and maybe some metal filings in the mash potato or something to cause an explosion.

Otherwise (barring no limits):

1. Samosas
2. Another starter (not sure which)
3. Fish and chips.
4. Curry, rice, popadoms and raita.
5. Pasta bake and garlic bread.
6. Stuffed-crust pizza
7. Dauphinoise potatoes. Just an entire dish of this. Love it.
8. Vanilla cheesecake
9. Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra ice cream
10. A cadbury's twirl bar, or maybe the fruit&nut one.

Wouldn't need the full dish of each but something similar to a tasting menu, so maybe enough of each food to fit between my cupped hands.

I should think if I was about to die, ramming grub into my face would be the last thing on my mind.

..............and having seen some of you lot it's a consideration you should be taking right now before you reach that (last supper) stage or it'll be on you a lot quicker than you think:eek::p

Back