Your most boring work experience

antonroland

Inspector Gadget
Name
Anton
Edit My Images
Yes
Please share those moments that caused you to want to chew away at your own wrists if only to get away from that experience!!!:bang: :bang: :bang:

Please excuse if this idea is not fresh but I need something to keep me awake NOW!!!:bonk: :bang: :bonk: :bang:

Oh... where to start? :shrug: Probably a long 12 hour night shift spent on the labour ward - with no patients and nothing to do other than clockwatch for 12 hours!

Union negotiations. Either the 5.5 hour drive from here to there or the 7 hours going round in ever decreasing circles............

hmmmm :crying:

Surveillance. Sometimes days at a time with bugger all happening. :shake:

Union negotiations. Either the 5.5 hour drive from here to there or the 7 hours going round in ever decreasing circles............

hmmmm :crying:

HMMMMM

I feel your pain! And I'm sure you know where you end up at the end of those circles.....:help:

I've had it for 10 hrs a day the whole of last week and looks like it will last the whole of this week too:bang:

Thank goodness I don't have the 5,5 hr drive!!

MINIMEEZE: AT LEAST YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER YOUR DEAD TIMES!!

Surveillance. Sometimes days at a time with bugger all happening. :shake:

And I bet you'll agree that the stuff goes down the moment you get fed up and lose interest, right?

MURPHY!!:bonk:

maybe not boring, but those management type motivation talks... Just don't have the energy or enthusiasm for them at all, especially today .... Executive and marketing speak ...

"bring to the table"
"going great guns"
"jump through hoops"
"pro-active"
"actionable"
"incentivise"
"impact" (used as a verb)
"leverage" (used as a verb)
"there is an issue around..."
"take it to the next level"
"an exercise in box-ticking"
"out of the loop"

My boss said today to me, '..I hope you understand the concept. A matrix that is fundamentally matricised...' ???? Eh ???

A few more from the Office Angels site ...

Thought Grenade - hopefully the result of productive Thought Showers, Thought Grenades are ‘explosive’ good ideas (65%)
Let’s Sunset That - what happens to bad ideas i.e. they never see the light of day again (63%)
Information Touchpoint - pioneering office workers will no longer attend meetings in 2007, instead Information Touchpoints will be on the daily agenda (43%)

http://www.office-angels.com/content_dynamic/display.asp?session_id=&id=167

Can you guess what kinda day I've had in work :) :bonk: :bang:

Yep

Any of these should be grounds for legal public shooting in the groin with small calibre.....

Has the "cascade" concept reached you yet?

Management " CASCADES" information to the people...no more communicating...:bang:

HMMMMM

I feel your pain! And I'm sure you know where you end up at the end of those circles.....:help:

I got fairly good at holding my ankles.

Neil - you missed out 'blue sky' :)

Do you guys think it is possible to find the good people who come up with this verbal excrement and serve a few thought grenades to them!?:clap:

I think it would only involve a short trip to California and some well aimed nut boxing :puke:

The really sad part is that some people buy into this stuff and carry on preaching it like gospel...

So I suppose as long as there are people lapping it up there will be people churning it out...:cautious:

I once worked at a bottle factory that made alcoh-pops etc.I had to stand watching this conveyor belt go round with the bottles on it,and any that had fallen over,I had to stand back up again.

I soon jacked it in and got another job.Oh and that was 12 hours days/nights.

Cannot see myself doing this for 12 minutes...

During the Eighties I had to guard 50m of fence at Greenham Common for a 12 hour night shift :puke: - Thank god for the Sony Walkman :love:
Paul

Going to work at one of those photo makeover places as the nail tech.
Sounded like a good idea in theory, the reality turned out to be just a conveyer belt of painting nails ... quite literally watching paint dry!

During the Eighties I had to guard 50m of fence at Greenham Common for a 12 hour night shift :puke: - Thank god for the Sony Walkman :love:
Paul

Was this army service?

Thank goodness I don't even know where and what Greenham common is...(y)

P.S.

Must be some serious stuff if you have a guard for every 50m and it is watched 24/7:whistle:

Thank goodness I don't even know where and what Greenham common is...(y)

P.S.

Must be some serious stuff if you have a guard for every 50m and it is watched 24/7:whistle:

Anton - Sorry forgot you're not a "local" - During the height of CND (Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament) the US had some of their cruise missiles at the Airforce base at Greenham Common in Berkshire - CND set up a "Peace Camp" outside the base where they stayed for a number of years - during the worst of their demos they used to roam around the perimeter & cut their way into try & disrupt the coming & goings - hence the fence guarding ... Paul ;)

Aha

Thanks for clearing that one up...

Should I start watching out for guys in trenchcoats who carry violin cases:naughty:

I am now sitting in my 8th 10 hour day of promotion panels and interviews and my learned colleagues have definitely found the most tedious ways of making the easy decisions.

:help: :bang: :help: :bang: :help: :bang:

Paul

Ha! I spent many a cold night there as well. Dull, dull, dull. :shake:

I once spent a whole week of a night shift locked in on my own in a mortuary, in the dark, waiting for a nutter to break in. I wont say it was dead boring because that's basically why I was there, but it was a looooong week.:LOL:

I once worked for BBC's Animal Hospital.

I was paid to go and find animals, injure them and then carry them back to the show so the BBC could validate employing Rolf Harris. However, that day,

Honestly. ;)

maybe not boring, but those management type motivation talks... Just don't have the energy or enthusiasm for them at all, especially today .... Executive and marketing speak ...

"bring to the table"
"going great guns"
"jump through hoops"
"pro-active"
"actionable"
"incentivise"
"impact" (used as a verb)
"leverage" (used as a verb)
"there is an issue around..."
"take it to the next level"
"an exercise in box-ticking"
"out of the loop"

My boss said today to me, '..I hope you understand the concept. A matrix that is fundamentally matricised...' ???? Eh ???

I'm with you there, my boss asked me to "go into bat with someone" yesterday.":shrug:

He also said that someone was on the wrong side of the curb, WTF????

This wrong side of the curb...could it be that this person's action are out of line with normal behaviour....Oh listen to me:bang:

Are they from the wrong part of town??

Is he/she not performing in line with his/her contract???

&^%!@#$%^ politically correct ***holes!!

What a sad world we have lived in since the truth became unpleasant:bonk:

Back