Your old film cameras

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a couple I've got which never see any use. Nothing exotic but nice to have :)

zorki.jpg

bellow2.jpg

They look in good nick Dod ... :cautious: ... shame not to use them ... :D

Most of mine are in the loft and not as exciting as your two ... :shrug:

Great idea for a thread though ... (y)

:p

I still got one of these in full working nick...

rollei6.gif

And one of these...

031306_2_1.jpg

:LOL: ... so you haven't always had Canons Cedric ... :cautious:

Did you have those shots stored already ... :thinking:

LOL. Nope just linked to 'em but I do have those 2 cameras. :D

Hate to admit it but I've used all sorts - even nikons.

Ssssh.

I aint got a photo of it yet, but I have just been given a Canon EOS 1000N. So I am going to try a bit of SLR film photography.

Used to have point and shoots, a few 110's and I still have an old brownie that belonged to my parents. Never could afford an SLR, mind you as a kid it cost enough getting films developed.

I'm actully quite sad that I sold my old Olympus OM10, it was a fab little camera. But here is my current oldie.

ffaf_12.jpg

Still to get a decent pic out of it but that is all my own fault!

I'm actully quite sad that I sold my old Olympus OM10, it was a fab little camera. But here is my current oldie.

ffaf_12.jpg

Good camera, is it the AF version? I use the Uni AF version and it's a solid piece of kit. Just a little too bulky for a 6x45

2312415583_168d5e6eaf.jpg

LOL. Nope just linked to 'em but I do have those 2 cameras. :D

Hate to admit it but I've used all sorts - even nikons.

Ssssh.

As if we would make a fuss about your secretive Darkside Cedric ... :cautious:

Hmm, I have my dads old Miranda, but it's broken :(

So i suppose the oldest working film camera I now own (as of yesterday) is the Nikon F80 :D

Good camera, is it the AF version? I use the Uni AF version and it's a solid piece of kit. Just a little too bulky for a 6x45

2312415583_168d5e6eaf.jpg

Hi Grant, no it just a super with a power winder attached. The first thing I did was take that off. Apparently it's a bit much for the mechanics on the super and can cause problems with the winding mechanism. Reduces the bulk quite nicely too. All I need now is to get myself back into a darkroom :wacky:

Nice pic too :)

And one of these...

031306_2_1.jpg

I've got one of those too. Kindly donated by my father-in-law with a whole host of lenses & flash bits.

I was really chuffed as I'd been mourning the loss of my old AE-1 that I part exchanged in for an EOS-300 (makes me feel sick typing that!).

I use the Uni AF version and it's a solid piece of kit. Just a little too bulky for a 6x45

Wow, that's really surprising. I use the AFD and it's great but I always think it doesn't feel chunky enough. Just goes to show eh... :LOL:

Ere, do you have a box for the winder ?
I sold my D70s today, and whilst I was rootin out all the boxes for it last week, I came across that 645 winder box that didn't go with the camera:bonk:you can have it.
Some peeps like to sell their equipment in original boxes, mostly saddo's like myself:geek:

What a bunch of soppy old sods, getting all doey eyed over some old cameras. :LOL::LOL:

It does you back to all the places you went with one seeing the pics doesn't it. :love:

Looking at this thread, I thought that all I had for film these days was an ETRs kit (that is causing me a major headache) and my EOS 100 that I'm too silly to get shot of even though half the electronics don't work.

Then thinking about it, I've got a funny little 120 half frame thing somewhere, my lovely new clack and ..... probably the best of the bunch, one of these.

contaflex.JPG

I still have this beauty and have not used it for about three years now :eek:

It takes absolutely fab pics and with the right film loaded is a real treat.

XA1D0859.jpg

I never bought the auto-wind as it seemed pointless when you only took a dozen or so shots per spool.

It was a wedding togs camera before me. I only added a wide lens to the kit he sold me.

I do fancy flying with this but not sure about changing backs in flight :LOL:

I still have this beauty and have not used it for about three years now

Go get it out and feel how schmoove and perfectly weighted that focus ring is. You'll be loading a film before you know it. ;);)

1st camera
CHINON-CE-4.jpg

Pre owned
mz50.gif

bronicaset.jpg

Sold to fund this....

FujiS2Pro.jpg

Still own
71196770.WRBdHest.pentax_me_black_PK02009001493.jpg

P30T2.JPG

http://www.mir.SPAM/rb/photography/companies/nikon/htmls/models/images/F401Big.jpg

A mixed bag but they all brought some fun and memories.

Well, if we're "finding" cameras now...
Actually, this didn't take no finding, I've been trying to shoot 36 frames of neopan 1600 with this for 2 weeks, 36 frames is bonkers when your used to 12.
Not the oldest, but definately retro, and the sharpest piece of plastic pas I've ever seen.

2uj1d0o.jpg

Ere, do you have a box for the winder ?
I sold my D70s today, and whilst I was rootin out all the boxes for it last week, I came across that 645 winder box that didn't go with the camera:bonk:you can have it.
Some peeps like to sell their equipment in original boxes, mostly saddo's like myself:geek:

Thanks a bunch Joxby:love:

I don't have a box for it, it is currently residing in a plastic crate in the loft along with the maddest set of bellows I've clapped eyes on.

PM on the way!

Never actually used it, but collected a few cameras years ago just because i liked the more unusual ones, i will post a couple of other interesting ones later:)

2302304260_f322b1d179.jpg

Couple of arty shots of two of my favourites

Daco, probably the most basic box camera you could find but very photogenic, I love the art deco look of it.
daco.jpg

Voigtlander Barndoor Vitessa, the sexiest camera in the world ever full stop, no arguments!

vitessa1.jpg

Some interesting stuff coming out of the lofts here.(y)

Sorry Steep but the undisputed coolest camera ever just has to be...

bullseye.jpg

God, how I used to dribble over these in the mags when I were a lad! :D

^^^ Werra^^^ Really cool I remember those.

Just a boring old Spotmatic SPII i'm afraid, loaded up with a roll of Provia ready for a weekend of Scottish loveliness :)

spotty.jpg

some very nice old gear showing up here!!! :)

Spotmatics are beau
Werra's are beau, I was looking for one a while back, a metered one with curved top rather than flat, but most of the meters are busted, ended up with Yashica.
The lens cap doubling as a shade is just.....beau...

My old Voigtlander Vito, still works 100% :)

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

Back