Your opinion appreciated

Name
Bri
Edit My Images
No
The other day I saw some shots on here of “looking out of the frame” I thought they worked quite well. I break all the rules (partly because I don’t know any) so would like your opinion on these.
Also I have been messing about with frames, are they necessary on here and do they enhance a picture? :shrug:

4941757667_b4fc05d2f6_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

4942342774_66a2773a69_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

4941758039_bc5abbd29c_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

your time is much appreciated.

I should love #1, and I nearly do, but the exprssion on here face is just "WTF is he doing?" and spoils it

#2 and 3 are great.

I like the model in the derilict surroundings and coupled with the negative space I think (aside from the facial expression in #1) its a great set that works well

No 2 for me, 1 just doesn't work with her expression and the gate IMHO. As for 3 Its growing on me, but her expression again is curious.
Exposure and colour look good to me, and I'm not the person to ask about framing as Im the worst offender on here lol but I like it on 2 & 3, again number 1 she is too far across the frame for me.

disclaimer : all of the above may be considered B***ox

Well i like them all(y)
Don't go much on rules either, so no.1 works for me....

Very pretty young lady, who poses very well..... though it would be nice to see her smile sometimes:)

Not sure about frames, sometimes i like them and sometimes i think they distract......

wish i could take as good a picture as you....

Dave;)

No 3 for me I find there is a lot less distraction than the other two. In 1&2 the colour of the skirt and the fact it looks like it belongs to a 6year old I find takes the attention away from her face.

Love the setting, great textures in those old corrugated iron & wooden buildings... not convinced the pink skirt has the right feel though, maybe jeans or something a bit more subtle...

3 for me, I really like that expression on her face.

Thank you all very, very much. (y)
I should add that this was the first time in front of the camera, spur of the moment shoot, she was at a party and this is 2-30 ish with bright sun. She never had a change of clothes or shoes and she is only 14.

For me, I like the gate shot even with that expression, I think she was trying not to frown.
Thanks again for your time.

She never had a change of clothes or shoes and she is only 14.

Perhaps that is one of the things that doesn't seem quite right with me. The background is very gritty for such a young girl. There needs to be a bit more softness I think. Overall though I think they are good images especially no3.

Does she wear braces?

Thank you all very, very much. (y)
I should add that this was the first time in front of the camera, spur of the moment shoot, she was at a party and this is 2-30 ish with bright sun. She never had a change of clothes or shoes and she is only 14.

Well when you consider her age, experience & the sunlight, these look even more impressive! It's not easy directing any amateur model, let alone a first time 14 year old with no wardrobe in an impromptu set! (y)

Great shots, I think she contrasts really well with the surroundings! What lens are you using?

We were on a farm and these are the out-buildings.
Does she wear braces? nope.
What lens are you using? 70-200 my fav lens at the moment. f10 1/125 ISO 200 TTL.
This was the first test shot and I made some sort of joke about the sun. I covered her mums wedding to a scotch bloke some 18 years ago at the same farm (marque) and they are still together. (y)

4944250545_e4ff6febb3_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back