Your opinions on canon 18-55 2.8 IS USM

Name
Levi
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm going to help photograph a wedding and was thinking of hiring the above lens from lensesforhire.co.uk. I have a Canon 400D with kit lens and a nifty fifty. My biggest concerns are for the low light conditions.

Anybodies words of wisdom welcome...

Do you mean 17-55? And from what I've heard it's very good, but not worth the price given that it's not going to work on a full frame sensor SLR. So to hire might be good!

you say help, so i assume your not the main tog, i would go for a 70-200 f2.8l is as it will move you out of the way of the main tog and still get the shots, with low light usage as well.

i think the 18-55 is a bit short in my opinion. but supposed to be a good lens

you say help, so i assume your not the main tog, i would go for a 70-200 f2.8l is as it will move you out of the way of the main tog and still get the shots, with low light usage as well.

i think the 18-55 is a bit short in my opinion. but supposed to be a good lens

I'll second that as my 80-200 f/2.8 sees the most action during a wedding shoot. It also allows you to get close up portraits without being in the bride / groom / guests faces. A less opposing approach for nearly everyone.

I also use a 17-55 f/2.8 but this is generally reserved for group, indoor and one to one portrait sessions with the bride and groom.

Alternatively there are the super zooms. The 18-200's. These will provide you with a greater all round flexibility if you only use the one camera body. You will have submit yourself to smaller apertures and slower shutter speeds though.

All the best.

Thanks for that.. I might hire them both and see what happens on the day.

Back