Your proudest photo?

5022765326_338ab94ae3_z.jpg

:love: Absolutely beautiful! It looks magic (y)

My proudest moment, photographically speaking, was coming back from the Venice Carnival last week with some of the best images that I've ever captured :).

I tried really hard to match costumes with appropriate backgrounds. The first example involved using green-gelled flash and sodium vapour lamp WB setting (plus some straightening out in PPing) and is my favourite. The second example proved to be a lot of other people's favourite from the set.

DSC_8044_1000.jpg

DSC_8059-2_1000.jpg

till looking to find one worthy to put up, in amongst all the great shots.
(and a gentle bump to get this back up for more great pictures)

I have two that have been kind for me
this image won the best transport image on POTN forum and was selected as the full page spread on the annual book competition a few years ago
215495520_MY8F7-XL-1.jpg

This image was selected with a couple of others for a Jigsaw and calender by a publishing company so I was pretty chuffed about it
603041026_PwMDy-L-1.jpg

link to the above with my images
http://www.healthhome.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?ProductId=80945

Hi, First post on the forum

for me it would have to be one of the following
This one just because I loved the shot and the reflections

Reign of Fire by the15thdesigns, on Flickr

This one because the sunset was so dramatic and as the foreground interest is what makes a sunset I wanted to use the sea so I got down into the water to capture this shot

Coral Bay Sunset by the15thdesigns, on Flickr

This one because a, the birds were situated perfectly and b, somehow it makes birkenhead look nice :LOL:

Birkenhead sunset by the15thdesigns, on Flickr

I really like these 2, the first was taken at the "Pigs on the wing" event, for the launch of Pink Floyd's new box set.
The second was taken in Wales, in a festival in commemoration of Victor Jara, a Chilean playwright, signer and actor.

dsc5456editedit.jpg

dsc4748edit.jpg

Last edited:
Go on Paul let us post up three :D Really hard to choose, not sure as I can call them my proudest shots but certainly really happy with them as they were all firsts for me.

IMG_3792_filtered.jpg

IMG_5908_filtered.jpg

IMG_7380_filtered2.jpg

Last edited:
indiapicssforfb075.jpg

in India - wish i could go back and do more as I have learnt so much since ....

haastbeach010.jpg

Hast Beach in NZ. It was SO windy and all this driftwood was littering the beach

img0382edit.jpg

just for the subject ........

Last edited:
Last edited:
I chose this one as it was the first time i ever took a real Candid shot and then posted it on this very site...

IMG_9156_800x454_.jpg

Last edited:
there are too many amazing photos to name everyone i like so congrats to you all for your awesome work!

this is my fav that i've taken lately:

who_are_you_saying_boo_to__eh__by_richardfrost-d4czslz.jpg

i held some bread between my hand and lens so he had to come right up close if he wanted it :D
just a tiny bit annoyed i clipped the top of the gooses head in the background!

Here are my current favorites, both taken back in 2008 when I first started and when if I remember right they were on the week that I first got my Canon 500mm f/1.8.

1. Our cat socks, I was playing with him and loved the natural light that was coming through the window, grabbed the camera and fired off a quick snap and was really pleased with it. Looking back I wish I had thought of using a reflector to get a little more light in his eyes.

laydown.jpg

2. Took my Son down the beach and took the camera to get some pics of him flying his kite and once again grabbed a happy snap of a fishing boat. Got home and started messing with photoshop and this was the result.

fishingboatwithborder.jpg

Not the best pictures I admit but I am in that phaze where Im not really happy with anything I shoot, Im hoping that 2011 I will turn a corner and produce some stuff I like...:)

Socks is cute, you should enter him for a pet magazine :) :love:

Here are my current favorites, both taken back in 2008 when I first started and when if I remember right they were on the week that I first got my Canon 500mm f/1.8.

Wow, how much did that cost, and how big and heavy is it?

I took this years ago yet it still makes me smile. It was taken with my Fuji S602 Zoom. The fish was one of several Cichlids I owned at the time.

Bluey-in-barrel.jpg

Taken with the same camera.

Old-fashioned-cornflower.jpg

Back