your worst motorsport shots

Taking 213 photos and realising your camera has an infestation of dust bun's
One of 213 that stood out most in the s***eness...LOL

8CED5065.jpg

The way my photography has gone of late, I think I'd probably cause the website to crash, I have so many. :(

I did a shoot of someones car for them, it was static. They asked me if i could make it look like it was moving, sure i said, ill email you one tonight. I got home late, and quickly knocked one up, and sent it. I had an email the next day......
Dean, many thanks for the picture of my car, it looks great. Just one thing......why is it travelling 100mph BACKWARDS????
.:LOL:
DOH!
Dean:)

I never got/get bad pics.

Just ones you need to use your artistic impression to make sense of them lol

I tend to take very few "bad" ones home with me as I tend to be very vicious with my in-camera culling.

Most of the bad shots are just replicas or some shots which the composition isnt perfect. The really bad ones get delete straight away, 30sec is the perfect interval to delete the 1-2 shots that you didnt like of the car that just went past.

This could probably fall under it as a "Why hadnt I started to run by this point?" :p

IMG_5553.jpg

The next shot was a close up of his numberplate taken at about 2m.

i have plenty of missed shots..half of the car cut in half, or the noses chopped off, or just plain out of focus, or people standing in the way, or all of them combined on a few occasions.

Nearly all of my btcc photos from donington were like that...they were so bad i haven't posted them anywhere, and dont intend to..i blame the weather of course ;)

:)

gtc6374ala9.jpg

Took this as I was legging it, the white bike buried it's self into the barrier where I had stood

[S1]YIPES![/S1]

yipes indeed :puke:

ive got to many to pick through :LOL:

here's one from today, in fairness it's at 24mm, I couldn't get any wider :D

ML1W2639.jpg

:LOL: Where to begin? I have probably taken several hundred where its the fence in focus rather than the car, or where the car is beautifully in focus, just as it passes a tannoy speaker or other track side paraphernalia. Then of course there are the ones where you are taking shots of static cars, carefully waiting for the least amount of people around it...*click*...and some barsteward has walked into the frame :bonk: This of course is where a good ol chimping session between the action comes in useful, getting rid of the real junk. However, this one somehow made it past chimp scrutineering.... first time at Silverstone with a dSLR over a year ago, having had a P&S before that, and I tried to get way too artistic too quickly :LOL:

31Silvo0406.JPG

Beautifully focused.....on the cone! :bonk:

I tend to delete so many I don't have any really bad ones but this one ranks up there...

_DSC1184.jpg

In my defence I was actually taking a shot of a porsche coming round the previous corner and just spun round and help the shutter down. This was the best out of the 10 or so shots taken.

I have just been out to use my first digi cam at a circuit for the first time.
So I suspect I will have buckets full of material for this thread once I look through them.

My first few shots of a F1 test session was great. :LOL: Panning and clicking was a big challenge. I either captured the front quarter of the car, or the back quarter... and the best shot was the one that just had tarmac... with good panning motion blur. :LOL: Unfortunately, I've deleted that quality shot of the track.

Sorry i shall try harder this weekend lol

I

And in the spirit of this thread

583368900_a04e95e5af.jpg

It looks ok small - but that's because in small you can't see how rubbish it is

A thousand apologies Gary for this not being a motorsport shot but it peeved the hell out of me because I had the whole sequence of this flying and this was the most "in-focus" shot in the series..:bonk:

bad-shot.jpg

buster... thats just ... great :LOL:
I can feel your "DOHH!" from here.

Back