YouTube on Android Issue

Edit My Images
Yes
I know my tablet is getting on now I'm running Android 6.01 but just wondering if YouTube has changed recently or more likely have I inadvertently changed the settings?
Previously when viewing in landscape mode but not full screen the video description would be directly below the video and the comments would be in a column on the rhs of the screen. Now to view the comments I have to scroll down past the recommended videos to the bottom of the page.

Any suggestions please on how to return to the old view

That's how it is on the app now.
Have you realised that swiping up gets you full screen that took me a while trying to dab the tiny fullscreen icon.
Then when they continue playing it like a thumbnail swipe it down to lose it altogether.

They’ve changed it for some reason. Description is now on the right.

They have changed a few things, all for the worse, including the list now covering half the screen when you turn it landscape!

The only reason people turn it landscape it to see more screen, so why on earth would Youtube think that covering half of it by default is a good idea?

I hate updating apps, as it almost never makes them better, I wish they could just leave things alone and stop being different for the sake of being different, Audible, Waze, Spotify, etc, are all objectively worse now than they were when I started using them.

"IIAFDFI"

(If it ain't f***ed don't fix it!)

Google, who own Youtube, have made basically every app they provide more annoying since my first android phone back in the 2000s. Google Maps used to be great, but now it's much less responsive and plagued by popups that cover half the screen if you touch the wrong point on the map when zooming or scrolling, and the colour scheme no longer distinguishes between B road and cart tracks. When they revise something it means they are either following the latest fashion in user interface design (harder to read, find stuff, or basically use for anything other than mindless consumption), or trying to push more adverts in your face, or (usually) both.

Well this strange. I'm back to the old view. Perhaps my version of Android doesn't give the adverts enough prominence so they've let me see it old style.
Whatever had happened I'm not complaining !
However to balance that my Gumtree app no longer works

Back