YouTube playback quality

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Can you force playback at a certain quality.. I ahve to go into setting to make videos higher quality... what if someone else looks at my videos and doesnt know to do that and juts thinks there poor videos because there viewing at 480p

Nope. It’s a pain in the arse but that’s YouTube for you.

Are you watching the video straight after uploading it? It will take some time for the higher res videos to be processed by YouTube so until they have they will serve you the low res video.

Last edited:
Nope. It’s a pain in the arse but that’s YouTube for you.

Are you watching the video straight after uploading it? It will take some time for the higher res videos to be processed by YouTube so until they have they will serve you the low res video.

Its not me I am worried about.. Its other viewers who dont know to up the quality and will just think its naff :(

Its not me I am worried about.. Its other viewers who dont know to up the quality and will just think its naff :(
You can delay the time that your video becomes viewable to other users in order to give YouTube time to process higher resolution versions.

Isn't it in part driven by what they are viewing it on and their connection? I expect that the quality will be the same as any other YouTube video they watch.

Reactions: zx9
Back