Youtube tutorials

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Good morning folks

I am after some advice please and I hope this is the right section. Basically I would like to try and do my first Youtube Photoshop tutorial but I'm not quite sure how it's done.

What I would like the viewer to see is my monitor screen only and follow the workflow in much the same way as I do when I am looking at the monitor. Now I know I can point the camera (D800E) at the screen and record but I know this isn't the way. I was thinking maybe others do this by using software that re records the desktop display as well as audio from vocal input thus creating an mp4 that can then be uploaded to Youtube.

I hope this makes sense. Any advice appreciated.

Ta

I use a wee device called a pvr rocket. You can plug a microphone into it and it records everything on the screen. One HUGE benefit of this device is that there is absolutely no 'lag' when recording.

It may be overkill as mine is mainly used to record high definition gaming.

Last edited:
Good morning folks

I am after some advice please and I hope this is the right section. Basically I would like to try and do my first Youtube Photoshop tutorial but I'm not quite sure how it's done.

What I would like the viewer to see is my monitor screen only and follow the workflow in much the same way as I do when I am looking at the monitor. Now I know I can point the camera (D800E) at the screen and record but I know this isn't the way. I was thinking maybe others do this by using software that re records the desktop display as well as audio from vocal input thus creating an mp4 that can then be uploaded to Youtube.

I hope this makes sense. Any advice appreciated.

Ta

Mac or PC?

If you're on a PC and have a recent NVidia graphics card....

http://www.geforce.co.uk/geforce-experience/shadowplay

Shadow play works a treat. In fact, if you leave it on, it's constantly recording into a 20 minute buffer, so even if you see something interesting, or something interesting happens in a game... just hit a key and it dumps the last 20 minutes of screen action to a MP4 file.

No lag... resolutions up to whatever your desktop runs at, and uses a dedicated coprocessor on the GPU to encode the video, so there is absolutely no performance hit for the host machine.

If you've not got a GPU on that list... you could try FRAPS. That's been around for ages, and records the Windows desktop and audio.

If you're on a Mac... no idea what to suggest... except buying a proper computer perhaps.

Last edited:
I think the others have it covered but I just wanted to say that I hope we see these videos on here :)

Back