youtube

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I am getting to the end of my tether with youtube and their over the top policy. I yet again got an email saying one of my video tutorials could be eligable for revenue. Bearing in mind all the ones before i have applied for have been refused with no explanation and no chance to explain your case. Well Today i got another email prompt saying that another one of my tutorials is eligable, so yet again i filled in all questions and gave as much info as i could. surprise suprise it got refused. I then contacted youtube directly and sent them this

I really don't know what more information i need to give. I am actuallly getting sick of trying to add or justify my videos on youtube now because of how stupidly tight the rules are getting. Unless its a person in a field wearing clothes with no designer labels, no music or tv in the background and not saying any words that may be related to something copyrighted its no wonder people are now using other sites to host videos. I guess its why closing down napster completly brought music piracy to a complete halt.

Back to my video again I am a video tutor, my video is a tutorial explaining how to create a special effect in a 3d program. Here is the bit that i tiresomley have to try and explain to you people. The voice in the video is MINE! There is NO movie or TV Visuals, There is NO Performances from Concerts events or shows. There are NO photographs or artwork used apart from something you actually create yourself if you are following the tutorial and is therefore NOT copyright. There is NO copyrighted music in the video the opening logos were created by myself as i am a video editor if you havent kept up yet. There is NO video game visuals at all and the only visual included is the program needed for the tutorial called 3ds studio max. and by showing this i really fail to see how it falls under any copyright or anything as such, being as companies and other people alike make a full time living by making and selling dvd tutorials the exact same way i have in this video. so if these companies are legally allowed to sell these tutorial dvds then i cannot see how i am causing a copyright issue by hosting it on youtube. so in short i am not ripping of linkin park or hosting the next episode of lost at all for this video (but i can give you more than enough youtube links on tv shows you haven't bothered banning). so for once i would at least like to see one of my NON COPYRIGHTED Tutorials out of the 50 i have online be accepted for revenue as you keep refusing them all the bloody time when im not copyrighting anything except my own work which i can't copyright myself, and i don't think there is any jury in the world that will allow me to sue myself for copyrighting my own work.

I now await your next refusal email because i may have mentioned the word "planet" that may be copyrighted by someone.

I wonder what they reply with

I wonder what they reply with

Given the tone of you e-mail and the fact you chose to swear at them, I'd probably expect them to ignore it to be honest.

approved

Hi, Thank you for confirming that you own the rights to commercially use allvideo material and music in your video. Your video will be approved forrevenue sharing. When enabling revenue sharing, please be as specific as possible in theclaim section regarding where you acquired any audio, software, imagesand/or video clips. Sincerely, Olga The YouTube Team

I didn't think emails like that ever got answered, I thought 'contact us' links just got an automated reply at best.

i think they take more time to read the sarcastic and patronising emails, if not because they end up as chainmail jokes but they stand out more

Back