YouView box connections

Name
Graham Mc
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just moved into a rented house and ordered BT YouView Tv with Broadband but reception off the ariel socket has loads of missing digital channels.
Can the YouView box be run off the Freesat dish connection instead ?

Graham00 said:
I've just moved into a rented house and ordered BT YouView Tv with Broadband but reception off the ariel socket has loads of missing digital channels.

No don't think so - BT vision is an aerial with broadband connection. I would think the you view is the same.

No I don't think you can tbh.

done a scan and can only get 22 bbc channels, phoned BT and they put my mind at rest explaining that i can get 7 day recall through their broadband, i just need to get a freesat box for just TV channels.

Have you got a signal booster and made sure there isn't a mast head amplifier that needs switching on?

I'd also mention it to the landlord and see whether they'd sort it.

Is it a roof or loft aerial?

Have you got a signal booster and made sure there isn't a mast head amplifier that needs switching on?

I'd also mention it to the landlord and see whether they'd sort it.

Is it a roof or loft aerial?
I had to use a booster at my old address but left it there for the buyer.
i would say it's a loft ariel as there is a freesat dish on the side of the house, i'm not sure what the landlord would say as i'm through an agency letting, the place hasn't even got double glazed windows.

I'd buy a signal booster first. Preferably one with a variable gain then you can control signal strength.

If it is a loft aerial then that is much easier to replace or adjust. It could have easily been knocked and be facing not quite the wrong way.

I'd buy a signal booster first. Preferably one with a variable gain then you can control signal strength.

If it is a loft aerial then that is much easier to replace or adjust. It could have easily been knocked and be facing not quite the wrong way.

Things are getting a little better, just done a re-tune and can get ALL digital channels, so a booster is next on the shopping list, thanks.

Graham00 said:
Things are getting a little better, just done a re-tune and can get ALL digital channels, so a booster is next on the shopping list, thanks.

That's good news :)

That's what I suggested yesterday and you said you'd done it!

Graham00 said:

Very good. Let us know how you get on with your you view box - I'm thinking about one at the moment...

Back