Z6ii small problems

Scots_quine

In memoriam
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
I had 3 problems with my Z6ii on its first real outing yesterday:

1. viewfinder was very dark and difficult to see focus point - fixed I think by finding option in one of the menus to increase brightness.

2. I have the monitor mode button set to 'prioritize viewfinder'. Is there any way to make the eye sensor on the viewfinder ON all the time. When I put the camera to my eye it is first black for a few milliseconds and then I see what I am shooting. I would prefer it to show me what I am shooting right away. If not, I will have to learn to be quicker with eye to viewfinder (shooting fast moving objects so this is a pain).

3. When shooting a burst of images -5 to 8 images (setting H)- I cannot always see them when I press the playback button immediately after. The memory access light comes on but no image is displayed on the monitor. All images (RAW & JPG, both LARGE) are saved to an XQD card. Haven't been able to replicate that just now in the house.

Apart from that it is more camera than I need. I will only use a fraction of its abilities. Bought it really as it is a bit lighter than my D500.

Thank you.
1. will def have a look at that. I did have ev set to -0.3 at the time.That certainly did not make the final images dark and should not have had that big of an effect on the viewfinder but will certainly switch it off.
2. Perhaps I didn’t explain myself correctly. The viewfinder remains black until the eye sensor located at the top of the viewfinder senses an eye. So there are a few milliseconds or so before you can actually see through the viewfinder. This is before you even begin to think about pressing the shutter. Any other camera I have had, I can immediately see through the viewfinder. Could be something I will have to work with.
3. Sony XQD G series 400mb/S. Same as I have in my D500 and no problem with that. I will swap cards for this Sunday and see if I get the same problem.

Thank you for your help.

Back