Zafi Virus

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

Sorry for a new thread on this :) but has anyone ever dealt with this other than a complete factory reset as I've tried many killers plus AVG, Avira but they can't touch it :crying:

Many thanks for the help (y) but I have tried this and it didn't touch it :thumbsdown:

which version of zafi do you have? How have you identified it? And what was the third question I've now forgotten?

which version of zafi do you have? How have you identified it? And what was the third question I've now forgotten?

I get warnings for Zafi.b :(

Tried this?

Try avast! AntiVirus Spybot Search and Destroy and CCleaner?

Restart you Computer Safe Mode Only, in the Safe Mode Try To remove this virus manually ok log on in 'safe mode'
select ''Start'' on Taskbar then right click on ''internet explorer''
and then ''internet Properties''
under browser history select ''settings''
and then click on ''View Files''
top of the window click on ''local''tab
and then open ''temp'' folder and delete every thing in this folder and restart you Computer

Tony

That's a good point, best to run any cleaners etc in safe mode to try and ensure the virus or infected files aren't in use - and therefore unable to be deleted.

Try turning off System Restore before you run your AVS in case the virus is in your System files.
After running AVS create a new restore point and delete all others.

Just read that Zafi copies itself to the Windows System folder calling itself Norton Update.exe. So it does go into the System files and you can therefore expect it to be in every restore point created since infection.
Read about it here:-
http://www.spywareguide.com/spydet_1835_w32_zafi_d.html

Back