Zara Phillips MBE

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
This the first of my images from Badminton International Horse Trials yesterday. It was great but a long and tiring event which saw us leaving the house at 5am and getting back at 8.30pm last night. As usual the crowds were huge but this year we were joined by the paps who after images of Zara and Mike Tindall, some of the paps had media accreditation and were told during the briefing about how to behave themselves during the event - I got the impression they were not very well regarded there! :D

I was using two bodies with the 70-200mm on the D3 and my LensesForHire Sigma 120-300mm on the D300. One thing I did notice yesterday was the amount of 'togs now using Nikon, many have switched from Canon in the last year and were using two or three D3's, a few also had the 400mm f/2.8 VR :love:.

Enough of that, here are a few of Zara Phillips at the water complex, later on I'll add some more images of the day once I've started to wake up.

0805_Badminton_014-2.jpg

0805_Badminton_018-2.jpg

0805_Badminton_019-2.jpg

0805_Badminton_022-2.jpg

Glad you had a good day Colin.

Great shots mate, I especially like the fellow with bowler looking on. Very English!

Off topic: I was at a dinner last night and you came up in conversation. Turns out you were at school with three from my table - anybody want to hear some young hacker stories? ;) :LOL:

Superb!

Nice & sharp Colin...

Do we have to bow to you now that you're a "royal photographer" :LOL:

I think the D3, at about half the cost of the 1Ds III, makes good economic sense for pro's. Although a great camera, the Eos 5D is a bit old now, and Nikon seem to have found the mark with the D3.

Steve

Fantastic stuff, Colin. A tiring but satisfying day I think.

Glad you had a good day Colin.

Great shots mate, I especially like the fellow with bowler looking on. Very English!

Off topic: I was at a dinner last night and you came up in conversation. Turns out you were at school with three from my table - anybody want to hear some young hacker stories? ;) :LOL:

Thanks Gary, the bowler hat was a fence judge - they were all wearing them.

And you can keep those stories to yourself. :D

Nice & sharp Colin...

Do we have to bow to you now that you're a "royal photographer" :LOL:

Steve

Thanks Steve. Royal photographer? I wish. :LOL:

....A tiring but satisfying day I think.

As the Churchill dog says...."Oh yes!".

Back