Zeiss Contraflex outfit

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
The power of ebay keeps pulling me in...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=150360199911

Just bought a full Contraflex setup with with 2 bodies, extra lenses, rangefinder, close up filters and a gadget that I can't tell what it does from the pic.

Looking forward to using this!

My film stuff gets used more than my digital!

anyone used one of these? from what i've read the results have a certain ziess look

30 quid!! :D

You'll be amazed with the build quality of these when you get them.

The Contarex was the flagship model, built from the very best materials and designed to last a lifetime with every screw individually glued in place. They didn't quite pull it off of course, and the glued screws make the cameras a nightmare for repairers today. It was horrendously expensive, being the equivalent of several months salary for most users at that time, so wasn't a huge succcess from a sales point of view as people simply couldn't afford it.

The Contaflex was more of a consumer level version and they sold a lot more of them, but they were still made of steel and brass to a standard we don't see today and they feel real quality when you handle them.

I've no idea what that doodad in the plastic case is. It looks like it might screw into the threaded shutter button and act as some sort of clockwork remote shutter release, but I'm just guessing. Let us know what it is when you find out.

I've no idea what that doodad in the plastic case is. It looks like it might screw into the threaded shutter button and act as some sort of clockwork remote shutter release, but I'm just guessing. Let us know what it is when you find out.

As usual, that's exactly what it is, clockwork shutter release..(y)
I have the very same one.

Cool. Thanks Joxers. (y)

Gawd... I used to drool over those Bullseye Contarex ads in the mags when I were a lad. :D

Cheers gents.

I'll post some results soon as I can. If it's as much of a joy to use as my nettar then its all good!

Can't believe the value for money though, I had to buy it at that price.

It looks like it has most of the accessories it would ever need. My poor 30d must be feeling really left out these days!

Back