Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21

Edit My Images
No
Really liking the look of this lens & I'm in the market soon for a new wide angle lens.

Has anyone got any info of how good/bad it is & how it compares to other lenses?

CHEERS

I can't help you I'm afraid, but have been seriously thinking of one myself.
Was doing the research today on cost etc..

I would like the OP; be very interested to hear from others of their opinions.

Last edited:
YosemitePaul said:
I can't help you I'm afraid, but have been seriously thinking of one myself.
Was doing the research today on cost etc..

Would like the OP be very interested to hear of opinions.

Some of the reviews for this lens are superb. Photozone, who are usually pretty tough to crack highly recommended it...

I own 25mm and 35mm Zeiss lenses. They are different to Nikon primes if not better.

Have tried a 21mm and its in a different league if you can afford. I didn't like the focal length and am happy with other wides I have.

Just visit FM forums (search) and there are many threads on 21mm...:D

I've got one, had it for two years and it remains on my camera 50% of the time, the rest of which is taken up by my 28mm, both of which are stunning to use.

Also have a 50mm and 85mm, it is all I use really. I love working with primes, so easy when focussing hyperfocally using liveview.

Carry a 70-200mm Nikon VRII but find that it is rarely used, shoudl firce myslef to seek out longer length shots.

Only used a 21mm briefly, but been looking at one myself and from all reports it is a stunning piece of glass along with the other top Zeiss performers. I wouldn't hesitate to get one especially if shooting Canon.

Off topic, but I checked out your flickr Simon, you are doing justice to the Zeiss glass with those shots. Have you considered a D800 for your landscape shooting? The dynamic range and quality of files is tremendous.

Just got a quote from Panamoz for £1055.

Must resist.......:runaway::runaway::runaway:

That isn't so bad when the inferior 16-35mm is the same money. The issue for me is probably the bigger need for a quality 16/17mm (the 18mm f/3.5 just misses the mark again for the price)

I've got one, had it for two years and it remains on my camera 50% of the time, the rest of which is taken up by my 28mm, both of which are stunning to use.

Also have a 50mm and 85mm, it is all I use really. I love working with primes, so easy when focussing hyperfocally using liveview.

Carry a 70-200mm Nikon VRII but find that it is rarely used, shoudl firce myslef to seek out longer length shots.

Are there any issues with filters (specifically Lee) when using this lens?

It's a Zeiss, they only make stunningly good lenses. (y)

Back