Zeiss Ikon Nettar ....

Name
Obi John Mikel
Edit My Images
Yes
So after trying to bid for a nice Mamiya and Bronica I was unsuccesful, especially as the Bronica shot up to £250 and the Mamiya to about £170!!

So to make myself feel better I ended up buying a Zeiss Ikon Nettar, for around £10, for a bit of a laugh...I think it was built in around 1950 or there abouts, but looks like a bit of a fun and may well take some nice shots! If anyone has one of these I'd love to hear if they are any good.

Ill put some shots up as soon as I get it up and running..

Cheers for the input. (y)

Sounds good. I love the prices on some film SLR's nowadays. Unfortunately it seems Mamiya and the like are still sort after... ;)

I've just got into film after briefly connecting with digital.

Good luck.

I use a Zeiss Ikonta 521 fairly regularly, it's another MF camera, this time fromt the early 40s.

All I know is that I have one in good condition, and it takes lovely photos. Enjoy it!

wow some really nice shots. Can't wait to get it out and about..

Hi,

My father had bought a Zeiss Ikon signal nettar when he lift the army in the 1950’s , we still have some of the images he took in albums today.

All shot with Kodacolour X the images are pin sharp and well saturated, a fantastic little camera.

Happy days :)

Yep, I've got one of these - also paid next to nothing for it. Nice little MF camera if you can be arsed with the fiddly settings... :)

Some tester results from mine, though these deserve a re-scan (scanned on a REAL pos scanner):

2825437943_4e803bb8fc.jpg

2826277752_742db72831.jpg

So after trying to bid for a nice Mamiya and Bronica I was unsuccesful, especially as the Bronica shot up to £250 and the Mamiya to about £170!!

What are you looking for ?

Hi I had one, girlfriend, now wife bought it for me new in 1953 before I sailed away in the RN for a far east commission, got some cracking photo's. Unfortunely the destroyer I was on rammed an Indian cruiser and we came off second best. My messdeck plus camera and piccys were submerged in salt water for a few days, end of camera and photo's.
I saw one at auction a while ago in mint condition but it was in a tray with loads of other stuff and it went for too much.
Best of luck with yours. :crying:

So to make myself feel better I ended up buying a Zeiss Ikon Nettar, for around £10, for a bit of a laugh...I think it was built in around 1950 or there abouts, but looks like a bit of a fun and may well take some nice shots! If anyone has one of these I'd love to hear if they are any good.

Ill put some shots up as soon as I get it up and running..

Cheers for the input. (y)

I know this is a bit of an old thread but I am a bit chuffed as I have just got myself a Nettar also.

Got it for next to nothing from ebay.

I have been considering getting into medium format for a while and am still saving for a decent TLR and saw this Nettar and thought what the heck, for the price it has got to be worth a go.

The camera is in real good condition but I have yet to put a roll through it.

If it doesn't work then I have a rather nice looking ornament. :LOL:

Cheers..,

I was very surprised at the results from my nettar

Takes a while to get used to though but makes a good street cam as folks tend to ignore it!

I bought a Zeiss Ikon made about 1931 at a car boot sale a couple of years ago for £12.00,leather bellows and all mint condition origonal case dealers stamp on camera and case ,it works really well.
Guid Health

Here is my new toy.

Everything works fine on her apart from the self timer, which I am not that bothered about.

The lens is really clean just like the rest of the camera, only the usual minute abberations from a lens of this era.

Bellows have no pin holes.

I have a few rolls of 120 winging its way from 7DayShop and I can't wait to give her a good workout. :LOL:

Here is my new toy.

[IMAGE WAS HERE]

Everything works fine on her apart from the self timer, which I am not that bothered about.

The lens is really clean just like the rest of the camera, only the usual minute abberations from a lens of this era.

Bellows have no pin holes.

I have a few rolls of 120 winging its way from 7DayShop and I can't wait to give her a good workout. :LOL:

My rolls of film arrived today, so guess what I will be doing this weekend? :D

Well, I put a roll through and apart from a poor start where for some reason the shutter didn't fire on the first couple, all went well.

Processing was a bit of fun and games though, a little bit fiddly getting the 120 film onto the tank spiral. At one point near the start the film jammed up on one side and I had to really struggle to get it going again.

The negs are real good except the first one being blurred, (my fault) :thinking: and the next one had a crease obviously from me forcing it into the spiral when it dropped out.

I am really pleased with the results and will post some up ASAP.

:)

I have two. One is 6x9, the other 6x6.

Neither of them get much use though because I have an even nicer Ansco Speedex 6x6 (same as Agfa Isolette III) which gets used in preference to the Zeiss 6x6 and my enlarger only goes up to 6x7 so I can't do much with the negatives from the 6x9 other print a cropped version.

Steve.

Back