Zenfolio Alternatives

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
My Zenfolio account is due for renewal shortly and just wondering if there is anything better out there or if to just renew and leave as is.

I sell a few bits and pieces via the site so need this option as well as the normal image hosting that sites such as Flickr offer.

Any thoughts?

Have look at photoshelter. They are more expensive but offer a lot more in my opinion. It also depends how much time and amount of uploading and SEO penalty you'd have to take. I personally can't be asked with all the hassle even if PS would bring some badly needed improvements.

Have you looked into Format? I switched from Squarespace to them a year ago and haven't had any issues.

I did have a Zenfolio site..now use SquareSpace..

Robin

I like that site of yours, I too am looking for somewhere slick to have an online photo website and I think I am going toward Squarespace. The looks and templates seem really nice and its fully mobile friendly too.

There's no right answer for best

The best site provider depends on the type of business or your purpose of needing a site.

Cost, Ease of use by clients, self fulfillment of orders vs auto print supply , quasi stock,international marketing, No of photos
all need to be taken into account

Zen is low cost, but is weak in SEO and has a complicated ordering process.

Check out the user forums for your choice to explore other users' experiences before committing

David
http://vintageman.zenfolio.com/

I'm sure you've looked at smugmug already but it works for me. Printing and delivery via Loxley is seamless and faultless so far. I switched from zenfolio a while ago and haven't regretted it.

Sticking with Zenfolio as the subscription you first pay remains the same in later years, hence it would cost me at least twice as much per year to change. Plus they seem to be doing lots of work on updating and improving the site this year, so not really sitting on their laurels and are making more contact with the subscribers, which is all good as far as I am concerned.

Back