Zenfolio help

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm looking at moving from Smugmug as Its to heavy on CSS,java and html for my skill level.

Can any zenfolio users show me there sites and give me an idea of how easy it was to set up - was it just a template or did you use advance configuration like css?

Thanks

http://frankchapman.zenfolio.com/

Piece of cake to set up, no html or css skills required, choose a template upload your pics and thats about it. You can put text to your page or pics. You can set prices or make galleries password protected. Order prints via Zenfolio, quality is quite good and printed via Photobox, other choices of printers too, ones I've had done I was happy with.

You can upload a 12 or 24mb photo depending on package, they will reduce the size for displaying on screen but send off the full sized photo for printing.

First post here, as I recently joined this forum.

Zenfolio has been a godsend for me, its so easy compared to my old website, which I was running myself. Easy to set up, easy to upload, arrange and secure photos. You can (if you go pro) add your own logos, and watermarks etc etc.
As Frank says, you can use a one of many templates, or completely customise any of them, or create your own. No CSS at all !

Not sure if this is allowed, if not, let me know and I will remove, but heres a code for $5 off the price! RMU-ZAP-EJM

jim

jdfotos.co.uk

Mine is http://photographicclarity.co.uk

It have been great, very simple to setup, i have a plugin that allows me to upload straight to flickr or Zenfolio, specify the gallery and if the prints are public or private, specify if they are for sale or just viewing, who can view them etc etc....

I think that this referal code is for $10.
CZS-RJR-UVR

Thanks
Mac

Hi,

I'm looking at moving from Smugmug as Its to heavy on CSS,java and html for my skill level.

Can any zenfolio users show me there sites and give me an idea of how easy it was to set up - was it just a template or did you use advance configuration like css?

Thanks

Yep, very easy. Just choose templates and colours etc, you can have slide shows to. There are e-commerce options but you'll need the pro account for that.
If you want a referal for some money off let me know Ill send you a code.

Tight - yes you can pay with Paypal, but (I THINK) will only be able to accept credit card payments if 1) the order is fulfilled through a partner, or 2) you have your own premium / business paypal account.
Hope this helps.

Here's mine: www.reflectingme.com

Hope you sign up.

Easy peasy... templates, styles, galleries, collections, Lightroom Plugin, all very easy to set up. Plus very reasonably priced.

Thanks, I did try a trial account a few weeks back and had tried to get my own domain linked straight to it, but I couldn't get it to work. (it's hosted by mydomain.com) I did email both zenfolio and mydomain but nobody came back with any help and I gave up :thinking:

Thanks, I did try a trial account a few weeks back and had tried to get my own domain linked straight to it, but I couldn't get it to work. (it's hosted by mydomain.com) I did email both zenfolio and mydomain but nobody came back with any help and I gave up :thinking:
I am not sure you can do that with a trial account, but I have mine linked to my Zenfolio and it all works fine. Did you contact Zenfolio via the contact us tab...? They are usually very good at responding to requests and support tickets.

Tight - as musicman says, it should be easy to do as long as you have the right access to your domain management. Mine was easy enough, all the info to connect to Zen is provided on their help pages, and I spent 10 minutes on the phone with my domain provider / registrar and it was sorted.

Thanks folks - whats the support like if there is any issues? Also whats the uptime like as smugmug seems to have a lot of downtime (especially in the evening here).

Thanks folks - whats the support like if there is any issues? Also whats the uptime like as smugmug seems to have a lot of downtime (especially in the evening here).
Speaking from experience, I have found the support from Zenfolio to be excellent. I have always had timely responses to any issues or queries I have had with them - though to be honest, these issues really have been few and far between.

You may have realised I am an advocate of Zenfolio, and am extremely happy with their services - so much so I am often found promoting their services etc. here and there. To my suprise, and delight, about a year ago I received a fabulous email from the owner of Zenfolio - out of the blue - thanking me for the comments I have made and the support I give in promoting the services of Zenfolio. I guess he had been looking on here and one or two other forums I frequent, and had spotted my complimentary posts about Zen - and consequently decided to drop me an email thanking me.

Says a lot about Zenfolio I feel, that does.

Hope you sign up with them, shout if you want my discount code, or use someone elses no probs.

Thanks, will use someones code if I sign up.

Do you know if you can have a text only page?

Thanks, will use someones code if I sign up.

Do you know if you can have a text only page?
personally, I don't use the feature I am about to explain, but yes you can. You can get your Zenfolio to link to any external page, and still have it come back to Zen for your gallery images etc. This allows you to have anything on any page... text or image based, it matters not.

As I said, I don't use this feature and thus am unable to help or advise how to go about setting it up, but it's there!

Good luck.

Back