Zenfolio: I'm losing patience... and SALES! -> NO cookies = NO IMAGES LOADING

The issue is up on this Zenfolio status page at:

http://status.zenfolio.com

"Update - Our Engineers are tracking a very rare occurrence of cases where no images load in a gallery when accessed. If you see this occur, please reach out to our Support team for assistance: https://secure.zenfolio.com/us/z/help/contact
Jul 26, 07:17 PDT
Investigating - Our engineers are continuing to investigate this issue.
Jul 25, 12:57 PDT
Monitoring - Our engineers have identified the issue and deployed a solution. We will continue to monitor performance.
Jul 25, 10:26 PDT
Investigating - Our engineers are looking into some reports of images not loading.
Jul 25, 09:50 PDT "

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for the active Zenfolio forum section on this issue it can be found at:

http://forums.zenfolio.com/categories/problem-reports

This Support reply from Zenfolio to someone on the Zenfolio site forum, was posted a couple of days ago

"While we are investigating ways around this, we do not have an established ETA nor definitive decision to change any settings on our side. Since all that is required is default browser settings, the number of users and visitors experiencing issues has been kept to a minimum thanks to our committed Development team overseeing our migration of Zenfolio sites to HTTPS security protocols.

For your clients, the most accessible workaround may be to access your site in a different browser. Alternatively, please feel free to share this Support Center article with them, which should resolve their issue. Images Not Displayed Due to Browser Cookie Settings

Hope this clarifies! Please let us know if you have any further questions."

This seems a quite naive response from Zenfolio, or perhaps simply a moronic one. This should "resolve their issue" ???
Do they not realise many users do not have a list of all possible clients?
Many people sell to 'strangers' who have been directed to the sales area from other non Zen pages, plus portfolios for 'stangers' to view before contact with photographers are also hosted on Zenfolio.

Besides, what client wants to waste time with a photographer who cannot deal with them without demanding they both change their home browser to a totally different one and turn on all cookies for the convenience of seeing a single web site?

I wonder how many Zen based photographers this is actually impacting on?

Let's just say I am seriously thinking about a Wordpress site with fully secured e-commerce solution long term.
It will be a hassle to get it going but perfect and cheap ever after.

In the meantime shall I get a quick trial with the likes of squarespace or photoshelter or anyone else then feed it with google ads for a little while over balloon festival????

Let's just say I am seriously thinking about a Wordpress site with fully secured e-commerce solution long term.
It will be a hassle to get it going but perfect and cheap ever after.

In the meantime shall I get a quick trial with the likes of squarespace or photoshelter or anyone else then feed it with google ads for a little while over balloon festival????
Or, as I suggested earlier, TheImageFile - they have a trial system too

Back