Zenfolio to Flickr or not?

Edit My Images
Yes
Ive had a Zenfolio account for a few years and once again it will be coming up for renewal.

I'm not a pro photographer neither do I sell my photos (not been asked), they are purely for my family and anyone who wishes to view them.
I started my Zenfolio account because I could upload full sized pics with unlimited Storage $50 USD per year.

Now that Flickr is allowing larger filesizes for uploads and unlimited storage I'm considering stopping Zenfolio and moving to Flickr. I'd probably go for a pro account as Flickr would currently cost £31 for 2 yrs rather than Zenfolio's £50 for 1 year for a similar deal.

I know I would not get the same options for prints as Zenfolio offers but I can live with that.

Anyone else moved from Zenfolio to Flickr for similar reasons?

Lastly, does a Flickr pro account remove all these adverts that pop up on the free version ?

Lastly, does a Flickr pro account remove all these adverts that pop up on the free version ?

I've had a Flickr pro a/c for a few years now and have been very pleased with it; however I've not used ZenFolio so cannot comment on that.

I see no adverts on Flickr. This could be because I use AdBlock+ on both IE and FireFox.

Thanks guys, it was the ads that bothered me. Looks like I'll be changing to Flickr then, makes sense it's cheaper.

I was with Zenfolio for a year,but now prefer flickr pro.:)(y)

Went the other way. I don't find Flickr very user friendly for people who aren't familiar with it wanting to view an album of an event etc, unless I am using it wrong it chooses the order main page photos are in - ie added order, I can't drag photos and move about, I can't choose background colour and font, I can't put pages of text or add in a blog... I can do all this with Zenfolio and more, so let my Flickr pro a/c lapse and opened a Zenfolio a/c. OK I pay a bit more but prefer the extra control.

Last edited:
Back