Zenfolio

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'm just an amateur, hobbyist photographer who likes taking photographs and wanted a website to showcase some of my work. I've got a flickr account but I wanted an actual professional-looking website that was customisable.

I created a Zenfolio website to trial it out and I quite liked it. I liked how all the pages were customisable and the ability to create a blog. I've also bought a domain name so I liked how I could link it to my custom domain.

The other day my trial expired and I went to renew it however, I didn't realise it was £50 per year to upgrade if I was to keep my domain name linked to it (£25 with the zenfoliop domain name). I was so undecided that the other day my website was deleted.

Does anyone else use Zenfolio? To me, it seems quite expensive for £50 a year for a website that only a few people will be visiting. Are there cheaper alternatives?

Main features which are a must are: homepage must be a slideshow, must have a separate gallery for photos, customisable blog, and able to link it to my own domain name.

Thanks,

DK

£1 a week too expensive!!!!! you really wont find anything as functional as Zenfolio any cheaper.

If you want it cheaper PM me and ill send you a discount code

I'm a recent convert to Zenfolio and on the whole it's excellent,,some of the vendor options are far too limited (hardly any 3x2 format frames options) and it's a bit annoying that you can't remove the "log-in/guest" screen during checkout...anyway I digress

I previously used Clikpic and for your needs maybe it's a better choice

Simon

I've been on zenfolio for 3 years

Generally they provide a good service but I've found 3 cons

1. Photobox are relatively expensive compared to other on-line labs and prints don't match my screen calibration although other printers do.

2. Search facilities come up with misleading messages (saying no images found) if the keyword searched for is tagged to the album but search is for photos

3. They're an American company geared to American market services with offers that UK customers cannot benefit from. That said I don't know of any English companies that provide a similar service

If you PM me, I can provide you with a 10% discount code

David

http://vintageman.zenfolio.com/

I'm currently using Zen but heard recently that Wordpress is the way to go, i might just jump ship when my subscription ends.
I do like what i have though, Zen even lets you 'hide' your custom slideshow folder to visitors so that YOU can choose what they see on the homepage.

I'm currently using Zen but heard recently that Wordpress is the way to go, i might just jump ship when my subscription ends.
I do like what i have though, Zen even lets you 'hide' your custom slideshow folder to visitors so that YOU can choose what they see on the homepage.
Hi Graham, I have also been with Zenfolio for a long time, however I am interested in Wordpress. Are you able to create galleries?

Regards dave

Back