Zenith 80 - Thoughts?

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
I've been playing with a couple of different MF cameras for the last few weeks that I was lucky enough to be able to borrow from a friend (Mamiya 645 Pro TL and Kowa 6). As a result, my 35mm kit is 90% sold and I'm looking for a reasonable priced MF setup. I have been toying with a Fuji GA645 due to the portability/built in metering/AF but wonder if that will 'dull the pleasure' of shooting film slightly and leave me wondering if I should just use my Canon 5D instead?

On my hunting I've come across a Zenith 80 with Industar 29 (80/2.8) for a good price but a mixed bag of reviews/fansites along with it. Just wondering if anyone's had experience of these Hasselbladski's regarding to build quality etc? I dont really fancy buying kit that's going to need regular CLAs just to keep running!

Cheers
Steve

Never owned one myself (so feel free to ignore this as secondhand opinion!) but the Russian medium format kit has a reputation for very variable quality control. If you get a good one they can be fine, but a bad one could have all sorts of "issues". There's a reason they're cheap:)

Yeah, that's the kind of feeling I've got from the research I've done so maybe it's for the best that it looks like it's sold!

Anyway, I've already bought a Pentacon Six TL this afternoon so I should stick to that for now :0)

Cheers
Steve

Yeah, that's the kind of feeling I've got from the research I've done so maybe it's for the best that it looks like it's sold!

Anyway, I've already bought a Pentacon Six TL this afternoon so I should stick to that for now :0)

Yes, I try to set myself a "no more than one new camera a week" rule - don't always manage to stick to it though :D

No, it's usually hard resisting temptation! I'll see how the Pentacon turns out in a couple of days I think before making another purchase.

Thanks for your reality check ;0)

Steve

No, it's usually hard resisting temptation! I'll see how the Pentacon turns out in a couple of days I think before making another purchase.

Thanks for your reality check ;0)

Steve

If you get a good Pentacon 6 you will be very pleased, but it is pron to reliability issue,s a bit like the Russian looky like camera,s.(y)

Thanks. Should be getting it tomorrow so i'll update here with pictures. Looking at cases at the moment although I'm not normally a fan of never-ready's but might be the only option!

Cheers
Steve

Back