Zia

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all.

This is Zia I forget what the breed name was but it was a doodle of some kind (sorry)
I'm a Plasterer and was quoting/measuring a job the other day ( I had worked for the couple about 5 years ago ). Anyways I digress ! They had this dog and it made a right fuss of me.
I had to call back yesterday to look at something else, I remembered the dog and thought it would make a good subject, trouble is i'm lacking in confidence (fear of failure) so I would most likely never open my mouth and ask if I could take any photos. As it happens I did and took these. I shot at very narrow dof one because of low light levels but more importantly I thought they would suit the dog and surroundings.
The lady of the house loves shabby chic style.
Any feedback comments are more than welcome.

Gaz
Shabby_Chic_Pooch_1.jpg

Shabby_Chic_Pooch_2.jpg

Shabby_Chic_Pooch_3.jpg

Shabby_Chic_Pooch_5.jpg

Shabby_Chic_Pooch_4.jpg

Cracking shots. Your fear of failure should stop here, im sure the lady of the house will love these.

Awww soooo cute, you have done really well 1, 3 and 6 for me
Your DoF is fine

I do think the ball in the first is distracting and could be edited out or replaced but that's just my view

Awww soooo cute, you have done really well 1, 3 and 6 for me
Your DoF is fine

I do think the ball in the first is distracting and could be edited out or replaced but that's just my view
Many thanks Helen. I am happy to hear that the dof is ok as I was really starting to think I should have used a bounced flash and higher fstop.
Re the ball. I havent tried to edit it out but did think on reflection it maybe worth trying.

Appreciate you stopping by and leaving some feedback
Gaz

ps: 1 3 and 6? (5 images only) :)

Last edited:
Many thanks Helen. I am happy to hear that the dof is ok as I was really starting to think I should have used a bounced flash and higher fstop.
Re the ball. I havent tried to edit it out but did think on reflection it maybe worth trying.

Appreciate you stopping by and leaving some feedback
Gaz

ps: 1 3 and 6? (5 images only) :)

6, I had to use my other hand to count them ;)

Woops my mistake I was counting the joined image as one :-(

Hi Helen just took the ball of the above as I have the time to faff. Do you think it works better ?

Zia_ball_gone_tp.jpg

Gaz

Hi Gary, re your pm and post

I think it does, that may not be the opinion of others

I'm guessing here, that you blurred out the foreground/carpet in post process ? if so, it may help a bit to show a bit more of the texture

Last edited:
Hi Gary, re your pm and post

I think it does, that may not be the opinion of others

I'm guessing here, that you blurred out the foreground/carpet in post process ? if so, it may help a bit to show a bit more of the texture
Hi Helen thanks for taking the time to look and help me improve. No I didnt add any blur in post this was how it was taken. To remove the ball I just cloned in a straight line from just right side of the ball area then a couple of clicks of the clone on top just to stop any repeat patterns showing.

Gaz

Hi Helen thanks for taking the time to look and help me improve. No I didnt add any blur in post this was how it was taken. To remove the ball I just cloned in a straight line from just right side of the ball area then a couple of clicks of the clone on top just to stop any repeat patterns showing.

Gaz
Hi Gary, as I said is just my opinion and I think they are lovely.

Back