Zigview Digital Viewfinder

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
In retrospect, I may have been better with the zigview rather than the angle finder which you can't use properly with the speedlight attached.

I've read the articles on the newer version of the zigview and it sounds pretty cool if you don't mind chimping like a p&s'er :D

Bachs said:
In retrospect, I may have been better with the zigview rather than the angle finder which you can't use properly with the speedlight attached.

I never thought of that... good point.
I've read the articles on the newer version of the zigview and it sounds pretty cool if you don't mind chimping like a p&s'er :D

Nope, I'm a hopeless chimper anyway. :woot:

The one with remote motion sensoring looks pretty cool. Although it is very much "toys for the boys" I can see it being useful as well.

Are you going to invest CT?

Steve said:
The one with remote motion sensoring looks pretty cool. Although it is very much "toys for the boys" I can see it being useful as well.

Are you going to invest CT?

I'm tempted Steve, although it wont be for a while as I've spent enough in the last year to finance a Shuttle launch! If I do it I might even opt for the cheaper version.

I was seriously thinking of the Canon angle finder or the 3rd party version Bachs has bought, but this thing seems to be really handy. I took some tripod shots the other night with the tripod at just that awkward height where I was constantly bending and stooping - this thing would have been ideal.

I'm suprised anyone would consider this over an anglefinder.

With an angle finder you can realy get your focus spot on and sharp, especially when you use the 2.5x zoom.
I don't believe the digital screen on the Zigview could show the same amount of sharpness.

That's why we have AF ;)

I understand your point though and the argument is very strongly weighted in your favour.

Matt said:
I'm suprised anyone would consider this over an anglefinder.

With an angle finder you can realy get your focus spot on and sharp, especially when you use the 2.5x zoom.
I don't believe the digital screen on the Zigview could show the same amount of sharpness.

Thats very true Matt...you are looking at tunable optical sharpness as opposed to a digital LCD.
The grey import is 1x zoom and 2x zoom as opposed to the genuine Canon 1.5x + 2.5x

There still remains the problem of not being able to use the angle finder with the external flash fitted which is a real pain.

Having said that, mine gets used the most for landscapes and such during daylight.

I could have got a lot lower but here is an example...

IMG_8726.jpg

Steve said:
That's why we have AF ;)

AF's (auto focus) no good when it comes to macro work,
and I'd prefer to use manual focus if I can get away with it.:smilenod:

Bachs said:
There still remains the problem of not being able to use the angle finder with the external flash fitted which is a real pain.

Thats why I use the off camera flash cord.:D

I can see Matt's point actually, but I do think it's more likely to be a problem with manual focus rather than auto focus, and that could mean a lot of macro work - which is a very valid point.

Matt said:
Thats why I use the off camera flash cord.:D

Agreed - if you have a decent flashgun you should really get one. :smilenod:

Bachs said:
Now there's an idea :p

If you get one get a good flash bracket to go with it - then tell me what you got. Make sure you do the research though.

Btw - you look like an extra from 'Braveheart' ...... "Freeeedom!" :D

Matt said:
AF's (auto focus) no good when it comes to macro work,
and I'd prefer to use manual focus if I can get away with it.:smilenod:

Steve said:
I understand your point though and the argument is very strongly weighted in your favour.

:getmecoat

Back