Zoita

Chaz Photos

Jack Elam
Name
Chaz
Edit My Images
Yes
My friend wanted to do some photos in a barn near her place this is one from the shoot.
C & C welcome
5856549144_58de3c69a9_o.jpg

Last edited:
Chaz, there's something about this shot, I think it has the look of being slightly soft then sharpened to compensate? It might be the upload?

What parts? it had a surface blur and a high pass filter before resizing then uploaded.
Remember it was taken at f/2.8

What parts? it had a surface blur and a high pass filter before resizing then uploaded.
Remember it was taken at f/2.8

Hi Chaz,

It just looks 'soft' (again I state it might be the upload). Even with F2.8 there should be a point somewhere which is pin sharp, where in an image like this I would look for the eye being at the front, being her right eye. I just cant see it though.

It's a great shot though Chaz, but say, with the eye(s) being sharp, and the rest being a touch out of focus, it would have just given it a bit more impact maybe?

Hi Chaz,

It just looks 'soft' (again I state it might be the upload). Even with F2.8 there should be a point somewhere which is pin sharp, where in an image like this I would look for the eye being at the front, being her right eye. I just cant see it though.

It's a great shot though Chaz, but say, with the eye(s) being sharp, and the rest being a touch out of focus, it would have just given it a bit more impact maybe?

Agreed. Nice idea though.

Have to agree, something not quite right in the edited shot, to me the hey at the top looks very odd, the un-edited is not as bad, so don't think it's the 2.8 doing it, looks as though when the skin was softened so was the hey, the idea works for the shot, just need to sort the pp to improve the result.

The hey looks allot better in that one :)

more about Zoita then the hay but what the hay :)
Apparently it looked different on different web sites made some adjustment to how it was saved for one and altered the opening RAW file made a difference.

I prefer the last edited image- Hay looks good :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I am a little distracted by the reflection in the wine glass, I guess that couldnt be avoided - all round its a nice shot :clap:

Les (y)

Nope, it's still not hit focus on her eye. Her right eye looks like it's been over-sharpened to compensate.

Chaz, when I take a photo, it's basically check levels, curves layer for a bit of punch, sometimes a bit of selective editing for skin blemishes that kind of thing, then a light unsharp mask. I upload the full size jpg to flickr then use the 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' to share on here and other places I post and as long as the shot is sharp it's sharp when I post it.

I can see an improvement in your edited image but I think it's just soft OOC Chaz. Sorry fella.

Chaz, when I take a photo, it's basically check levels, curves layer for a bit of punch, sometimes a bit of selective editing for skin blemishes that kind of thing, then a light unsharp mask. I upload the full size jpg to flickr then use the 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' to share on here and other places I post and as long as the shot is sharp it's sharp when I post it.

I can see an improvement in your edited image but I think it's just soft OOC Chaz. Sorry fella.
not every image must be sharp, remember sharp has nothing to do with in focus.
Soft images are often made be spending £££££££££££££££££££3333 on soft lens WHY because woman like to look more like soft then hard that we do for men skin....
I like it and so do Zoita....

Back