Zoo Results

Kim

Name
Kim
Edit My Images
Yes
Late last year I tagged along on a zoo trip my sister took her little girl on (but for the life of me I can not remember where it was :shrug: )
Anyway these are probably the best three shots I got form the day.

Pelican
pelecan2.jpg

Canon EOS 300D : Sigma 170-500mm (taken @ 500mm) : 1/250 sec : f5.6 : ISO250

Monitor Lizard
lizard2.jpg

Canon EOS 300D : Canon 80-200mm (taken @ 158mm) : 1/60 : f5.6 : ISO400

Lion
lion2.jpg

Canon EOS 300D : Sigma 170-500mm (taken @ 500mm) : 1/200 sec : f5.6 : ISO400

#1 is the best of the bunch, could do with a little lightening to bring out the detail
#2 and #3 look a tad soft

great composition all three though! (y)

Looks like the light was really flat for 1 and 3, nice pose from the lion though (y)

It was a dull/overcast day that kept threatening to rain.
So would I have been helped by the use of adding a flash????
Shot two was also taken inside (very dull light) and through glass.

I must admit to being quite lazy since getting my digital and kind of just pop it on the good old "green square" mode.

Even still trying to work out speed and exposure confuse the hell out of me (hence why I am here to learn from you great people :notworthy: ).

mmcp42, what do you mean by soft? Out of focus/not sharp enough???

they do look a tiny bit soft/not sharp enough.

Did a really quick edit on the lion, simply adjusted the levels and applied some unsharp mask. See what you think :)

lion2.jpg

Wow, yep can definatlly see the difference with abit of tweaking.
Feel a bit dim though as I reallyhaven't a clue when it comes to doing stuff like that (looks like I need to sit down a try to practice a bit more).

All canny shots, and nice edit Dod. Would like to see your pelican get a similar treatment KT, as i think it would really stand out.

can only tell if it's out of focus on the original
but a bit of sharpening ^^^ works wonders!

Very nice set, Was the pelican cropped? Would like to see a bit more of the reflection if poss, water looks lovely and calm. (y)

It was colchester and hope you didn't mind but I had a play with your pelican...

pelecan2.jpg

That was it, hahaha..............I remember now :bang:

I don't mind you playing with my pelican, especially as he looks so much better now. :clap:

I might as well do the lizard for you then and you have the full set. :D

lizard_edit.jpg

Just brightened it a bit and gave it a sharpen.

You do need to tick your edit box over on the left there - go to your profile to do that. We're all being a bit naughty editing posts without it. ;)

AHHA...............Box ticked :clap: hehe thought I had done that already.

Thanks everyone. It is amazing how a bt of tweaking makes them look so much better. I just get a bit scared to try sometimes for fear of totally messing them up (yes I know I would the origianls, but you know what I mean).

When you start experimenting with a pic it's a good idea to duplicate the pic then close the original. You can play to your hearts content then. Keep the edit if you like it - delete it if you don't :)

Back