Zoo

Wrong forum :D

A few photography issues here, mainly due to shooting indoors and through glass I suspect.

Wrong forum :D

A few photography issues here, mainly due to shooting indoors and through glass I suspect.

Apologies! C&C appreciated - what errors do you notice especially with glass shooting etc? Noise is obviously abbot prevalent..

I used a Panasonic fz1000 fixed lens!
Is that a bridge camera then? I've not tried one but often considered going that way having seen other peoples' images. One problem with them that someone did point out to me was shooting through glass and wire, as you don't have so much control with the focusing? I have no idea what controls and adjustments are available to you.

Is that a bridge camera then? I've not tried one but often considered going that way having seen other peoples' images. One problem with them that someone did point out to me was shooting through glass and wire, as you don't have so much control with the focusing? I have no idea what controls and adjustments are available to you.

It is yes! I can wholeheartedly recommend it - I had a DSLR in the old days (canon 350D) but then when my to a Leica v Liz 1 (bridge). I've had this around 7 years and just upgraded to the FZ1000. The difference is incredible. The size of the sensor makes a massive difference to quality, shooting RAW is fast and excellent, the viewfinder is absolutely massive and focusing speed is incredible! Not a thing to complain about - beyond perhaps it is a shame that the Lens is not a "true" manual zoom like my old Leica is. But apart from that it's a dream.

It is yes! I can wholeheartedly recommend it - I had a DSLR in the old days (canon 350D) but then when my to a Leica v Liz 1 (bridge). I've had this around 7 years and just upgraded to the FZ1000. The difference is incredible. The size of the sensor makes a massive difference to quality, shooting RAW is fast and excellent, the viewfinder is absolutely massive and focusing speed is incredible! Not a thing to complain about - beyond perhaps it is a shame that the Lens is not a "true" manual zoom like my old Leica is. But apart from that it's a dream.

Can offer a second vote for the FZ1000 picked one up last year takes fantastic images and great in night photography the Leica lens produces super sharp images my only gripe is only goes to F8

So take me through how you decided on your shots here. I am assuming these are from Chester Zoo

#1 None of the Otters look particularly sharp to me, almost like you couldn't decide which to focus on. Again I'm making an assumption, that it was through one of the windows and they are quite close, so I wonder what aperture you shot at, maybe not enough DOF. If you've cropped into the image, then could you put their toes back please :D

#2 Through the glass causing some discolouration and generally quite soft looking to me.

#3 Softened by noise reduction?

#4 Noisey image, as you admitted yourself.

#5 Best of the bunch, but clipped it's toes ;)

Back