Zoom Effect

Name
Andy Brown
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone tell me if this image is produced/can be done in camera, or if it is achieved using software after the image was taken ?

Thanks.

Zoomyfun.png

Hi Andy , you can create that effect in camera by zooming in or out while taking the shot but in this particular shot you have posted I think it will have been most likely done using editing software as it's a very difficult technique to use to good effect on a moving subject.

For me to get this effect (using Adobe Photoshop CS5) I would go to the Filters tab > Blur > Radial Blur > select the zoom option from popup box.

My first thought was it was created with some computer help, but looking at the leg on the left side why would you leave it as if it was disjointed?

Its possible to do in camera by zooming in/out whilst taking the picture but its extremely difficult to do and out of 10 tries for example, 9 might be failures.

If that is taken on the camera and not edited after, how would the face remain unblurred? Surely her face would be a mess?

radial blur on a layer mask.. then just paint over the top half in black to remove the effect where you don't want it.

Back