Beginner Zoom lens advice

Name
Justine
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi - I have a 80-200mm zoom lens, it's not great to be honest, it goes out of focus at the slightest touch and it's one I still have from my 35mm Canon camera, it doesn't perform so well on my Canon DSLR.

For now, I'm staying with crop sensor but I think I would like a new zoom lens, maybe up to 300mm.

I have a birthday coming up so would really like to get new zoom lens that will perform well but doesn't cost the earth, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Tamron do a lovely vc 300 mm zoom ! I had one on nikon but it was a cracking lens!
About that price too

Well you could consider the Tamron 70-300mm VC. It's a very strong performer and the VC is incredible.

Definitely worth a look.

Another option would be the Canon 70-200mm F4L. A nice used model would just about be in budget and you could always add a 1.4x TC at a later date for some more reach if you needed it.

I have a Tamron lens that I adore so I'll take a look at that, thanks. :ty:

Well you could consider the Tamron 70-300mm VC. It's a very strong performer and the VC is incredible.

Definitely worth a look.

Another option would be the Canon 70-200mm F4L. A nice used model would just about be in budget and you could always add a 1.4x TC at a later date for some more reach if you needed it.

That's great thank you. There's a couple of recommendations for the Tamron so I might look at that first.

I swapped for the day with a mate for my 80-200 2.8 nikon lens....... I didn't wanna give back the tamron at end of day!

You must have had a bad one, my 80-200 2.8 Nikon was brilliant.

Oh no it's brilliant ! I've still got it but the extra reach was handy at the safari park I was at! He was on crop and I was full frame so the swap gave us the same reach!

Have to say thank you for the sound lens advice, it's stunning- I'm amazed by the clarity of it compared with my last lens- amazing. Thanks guys. :):ty:

Back