Zoom lens missing focus at one end... :(

Edit My Images
Yes
I recently got a used Tamron 28-75 off ebay, it focuses fine at 28mm, but the further I zoom in the more it misses by. And by 75mm it is back focusing by a huge amount, more than my Nikon D610 can even fine tune (+20 lens correct AND +20 default correct still misses focus). Of course on live view it focuses fine but I can't always use that :(

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I've seen it on lenses that had a loose front element but can't notice anything loose or unstraight on this one.

And does anyone know if it is fixable?

I dont think having a professional repair it would be affordable as I only paid €120 for the lens, but I've taken apart primes in the past to repair successfully so might be willing to give this a go. If anyone knows of any guides to disassmbling this, or similar lenses (maybe tamron 17-50?) please point me in their direction.

Return it to the seller as not fit for purpose. It's almost certainly a misaligned element.

Return it to the seller as not fit for purpose. It's almost certainly a misaligned element.
Already tried that, they dont reply and it wasnt paid for by paypal so I am stuck with it.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how hard would it be to DIY repair a misaligned element?

Last edited:
Back