Zoom lenses for Sony A35

Edit My Images
No
Hi i have a sony A35 and i want to get a bigger zoom lens. I have spoken to some people and they have said a Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 APO Macro DG Lens is good. What about the SONY SAL 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Telephoto Zoom Lens. Are there any better ones.

Thanks people

could maybe stretch to that, are there any other options in the £200-250 price bracket.

Thanks

could maybe stretch to that, are there any other options in the £200-250 price bracket.

Thanks

The issue is 'new' you are not going to get anything quality....

There is the original Minolta 'beercan' 70-210 f/4, this is considered a bargain lens these days (secondhand only), you can get mint examples on ebay for £100 or just over..

Personally, I like the Sony 18-250 or Tamron 18-270PZD which are superzooms, they are a 1 lens does everything kind of thing, and not too bad quality to boot, hence a new price of ~£400, you might get one for £250 secondhand..

Other then that, you have that Tamron as quite a 'cheap' but decent optically lens, I've bought cheap zooms before, always regretted it!

+1 for the beercan. Or look out for the 'big beercan' which is a 75-300mm version. There are several incarnations of the budget Minolta telezooms but it's the series 1 versions that are the best. Be wary of screw drive budget Sigma zooms, i.e. non-HSM. In Sony mount they have a bad reputation for stripping the AF ring gear.

If you can afford it the Tamron 70-300 SP USD that heidfirst linked to is a great lens for the price - the cheaper lenses all have enough compromises that you will wan to change to something, sooner or later.
The Tamron is good enough that you will want to keep it for the versatility that a good 70-300 brings, even if you later get a 70-200 f/2.8 or 70-400 (both being significantly larger and heavier).

Thanks people, yer I reckon I could do the tamron, just want to get a good zoom lens that gives sharp pictures when zoomed in.

Back