Beginner Zoom

Name
david
Edit My Images
No
Hello, pretty new to the hobby and without wanting to spend to much, i'm wanting a 400mm lens and the ones that seem in my price range are, sigma, tamron, tokina 200/400mm.
Can anyone recommend any of these.
Thanks

It would be helpful if you can provide more information eg

1) what are you looking to take photos of?
2) what us your budget?
3) what camera do you have?

I notice that your camera is a Sony. Both versions I and II of the Sony 70-400mm G will outperform third party offerings from any of the companies you mention. I suspect the type II will be out of your price range, in which case look for second user type I. It is excellent wide open, has a nice close focus range and stays sharp as you get close for semi-macro shooting. Switching from Sony to Nikon nearly 2 years ago, I regretted losing this superb lens.

Last edited:
Further, check out the grey market as there are new year deals around for the Sony 70-400mm G type 1 new.

Thanks for your replys, whats the grey market ? I think looking at these sony g lens, they are out of my price range, i'm looking more round £300 mark.

Last edited:
Grey market = importing from an overseas firm. Common companies that are recommended on here include panamoz, hdew, one stop digital and digital rev

Back