Zooming Marvellous!..

Name
King
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been very impressed with some of the zoom shots taken at Whipsnade last Saturday.

My zoom lens is a Nikon 70-300 AF ED one. Good as it is it just doesn't get close enough for me.

Would a teleconverter help and if so which one?

I am thinking of some stage this year of getting a Sigma 50-500 lens. Is this the better option?

Or are there other options I should consider?

I would love to get closer pics of say the Tigers at Whipsnade but am not keen on body building lessons so I can carry some whopper lens about!

I used the kenko pro 3000 for awhile on my canon 70-300 with some good results. the auto focus was a bit slow at times, and don't forget about the "2 stop drop" with a 2x
or one stop with the 1.4x
I think that it was about £60 posted from kea-photo (HK) Very quick delivery too if I remember

300mm should be plenty for the zoo...

This was taken at 200mm:
_D2N8657_bald_eagle.jpg

I have a couple of zoo images in my mammal gallery on my website, right down the very bottom. All taken between 200 and 300mm.

:)

crikey Richard - you'd not want to annoy that budgie would you?
fantastic shot! :clap:

I am thinking of some stage this year of getting a Sigma 50-500 lens. Is this the better option?

but am not keen on body building lessons so I can carry some whopper lens about!

I owned the Sigma 50-500mm. Its a heavy lens. You need good light and realisticly a monopod/tripod.
I would be more inclined to use the 70-300mm. The VR version is nice. OR use the money you planned on spending on the Bigma and buy a nice used 70-200mm 2.8 and a used 1.7tc. Seen some good bargains about just lately.

Kev.

Back