Zooming Marvellous!..

Name
King
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello fellow groovers perhaps you can help me with my dilema (no it's not painful!).

At the moment I have a Nikon 70-300mm lens which at times isn't good enough for the shots I want to do.

To solve my zoom problem the following are options:

Option 1

Buy the Sigma 50-500 and sell my present zoom. Can you stick on a teleconverter on the sigma?

Option 2

Sell/trade in present zoom and buy a vr version and buy then a teleconverter

Add in to the mix the possible purchase of a D300 or the D80 replacement!

It can be a bit hit and miss if a TC will work on a zoom.

If it does you may not get AF across the whole range depending on aperture.
Check with Sigma if you can run a TC on the 50-500 but will probably need to be a sigma TC. Actually I think someone here recently put up some shots of the 50-500 + TC.

I have the 70-30 VR but bought the F4 300m Prime and a TC for longer reach.

I have the 70-300 VR and some times I use a x1.4 tc on it but unless you are in bright conditions.

It hunts round like a blind man trying to find a door bell..... sorry for the pun..

Shutterman

Do you want to lug the Bigma around all the time?

I have a Sigma 100-300 which I leave at home unless I know I'll need it. I keep a smaller 28-300 in my bag just in case I need it whilst out and about. My main lens is a 24-105L

It's a problem as I do have a problem with my arms these days. A third possibility might be to keep my existing zoom and use the Sigma 50-500 when I know I'm going to need it. Ian what do you do? Do you carry the whoper around all the time?!

I have the 70-300 VR and some times I use a x1.4 tc on it but unless you are in bright conditions.

It hunts round like a blind man trying to find a door bell..... sorry for the pun..

Shutterman

:LOL: sorry but that phrase just made me chuckle :LOL:

Back