Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Name: Zootaga.com
Product: A2 Canvas Print
Price: £10 (inc delivery) *Special Offer*
Rating: 8/10

I purchased one of these after seeing the deal on offer in this thread. The process was nice and simple. Easy to upload and a few simple options (wrapped edges, colour matched or white sides, etc). I have previously only purchased one canvas from Oxford Image Company and I got that with the photo wrapped around the edges, and like that look so went for the same again.

So anyway, the photo I had printed is:

and some quick shots of the finished product:

1. An overall shot (poorly shot so colour and contrast is not exactly representative).

Zootage Canvas Review by Tom Holmes, on Flickr

2. A semi-close up of the sign. Good clarity but the canvas texture seems to show through strongly.

3. 100% crop of the shot above showing the texture and detail.

4. The corners, nice and neat.

Overall I am very impressed. The build quality seems very similar to my other canvas. The only downside is the texture of the canvas, it is a lot more visible than my other and although doesn't spoil it by any means I prefer the finer texture of my other. The colour, contrast and brightness are spot on (I did brighten my shot slightly before sending it off as it is a relatively dark image anyway and I am yet to find anywhere that prints as bright as my monitor...apart from own printers).

The service I can't really comment on as it was exceptional circumstances and they had a crazy amount of prints to complete so no deadline was really met. There doesn't seem to be the same level of personal service that you get with Oxford Image Company, but then I am guessing this is maybe a far more automated system.

8 out of 10 seems a fair score. Impressive but let down, for me, by the texture of the canvas and the slight uncertainty and automatedness (is that a word?) of the system.

Back